Tony's Bonsai

Baku1875

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
When I started going down the rabbit hole of getting really into bonsai last year, Tony's channel resonated with me a lot. He had a lot of fun and interesting challenges that he would integrate into his videos, some big bends, the literati challenges, and a tranquil sense of humility as he was learning alongside the viewer and sharing the tricks that he was accumulating through his own experience.

I was so happy that he had recovered from his surgery 2 years ago, and the news that the cancer came back really flipped things upside down. One of my favorite bonsai channels on youtube. Also a reminder that life is precious and it's so important to be good to one another.

This video from 5 months ago where he mentioned taking a picture of this larch tree the day before his surgery. a rainbow showed up in the background of the image and he took it as a sign that everything would be alright. At least he had a chance to share his positive spirit and expertise with us for 2 more years.

Dermot

Yamadori
Reaction score
Really enjoyed Tony's videos. Thoughts with Tony and his loved ones over the coming period.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sorry to say that I'm not familiar with his channel but this is very sad to hear.

It looks he was a major contributor to the UK bonsai scene and will be missed.

keithl

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Tony seems like such a nice guy. He always is so positive despite going through something so terrible. I bet he would be a lot of fun to hang out with for an afternoon working on some trees and talking bonsai. I'll definitely miss his videos. Fuck cancer.

Top Bottom