Thoughts and Prayers for Baltimore Maryland: Key Bridge Collapse into Patapsco River

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Singapore Container Ship (Dali) malfunctioned 2 minutes before collision, 20 people suspected drowning, rescue/recovery underway
Prayers indeed. Shocked and horrified don't cover it.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I watched those videos multiple time. That allision is horrifying.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
No need to worry the federal govt. will get it fixed in no time. We have plenty of money in the coffer. Sorry just feel like I need to get it out of my chest after seeing the headlines that the tax money will be paying to get it rebuilt.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
No need to worry the federal govt. will get it fixed in no time. We have plenty of money in the coffer. Sorry just feel like I need to get it out of my chest after seeing the headlines that the tax money will be paying to get it rebuilt.

The amount of economic activity that bridge and port contribute makes makes that cost worth it. We will lose more than that cost already due to the bridge being down and the port has to be closed because no ships can get in there until they clean up the wreckage. It will be rebuilt faster if the government gets behind it.

It's a horrible accident. People are dead and it's going to impact many lives

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It was a horrible accident and it was second time that particular ship has hit a bridge….sucks all around…. But, being a former 3rd shift highway maintenance worker who used to run a mobile lane closure crew that patched potholes, I feel for that patch crew that was working on the bridge. No one gave them any heads up.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Without knowing anything, I'll assume insurance companies may be getting involved... that, and I try not to put too much weight in off the cuff comments coming from presidential candidates who are struggling in the poles. Either way, I do hope it is dealt with as quickly as possible as that bridge is a major thoroughfare for Baltimore and that port is one of the biggest in the country.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The amount of economic activity that bridge and port contribute makes makes that cost worth it. We will lose more than that cost already due to the bridge being down and the port has to be closed because no ships can get in there until they clean up the wreckage. It will be rebuilt faster if the government gets behind it.

It's a horrible accident. People are dead and it's going to impact many lives
I agree the accident is horrible. The economic impact will be huge. Regardless of who paying for it, the speed will be the same. My point is the government is already drown in debt and this is an accident caused by a big corporation so they will have to put the bill. I just don't see the argument because it has an big impact on economy, we the tax payers have to pay for it.
Am sure there will be some insurance money contribute to the rebuilding but for someone to come out and said the government will pay for it is .... not making much sense to me.

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I agree the accident is horrible. The economic impact will be huge. Regardless of who paying for it, the speed will be the same. My point is the government is already drown in debt and this is an accident caused by a big corporation so they will have to put the bill. I just don't see the argument because it has an big impact on economy, we the tax payers have to pay for it.
Am sure there will be some insurance money contribute to the rebuilding but for someone to come out and said the government will pay for it is .... not making much sense to me.

It's part of the interstate highway system, so there's always federal money involved.

Top Bottom