The japanese maple seeds i had bought last fall have been stratified but would apreciate advice on next step

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
Put of the stratified maple seeds 1 has sprouted I potted it up and it's doing great thus far (knock on wood) wondering if one has popped up in fridge while moist cold stratification should I move the co trainer with the rest out of fridge to get more to germinate or keep in fridge and see if more pop. Wasn't sure since did these indoors versus outside . Ik some may take another warm then cold stratification since we're dry seed (if viable) or so I've read but wasnt sure if 1 sprouted what next step might be . They've been in fridge at 42f for 3 months cold moist (not wet) stratification.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I'd normally plant seed out into potting soil and warmer temps. The cool temps may be retarding germination.
Taking the bag of seed out of the fridge to room temp but leaving the seed in the damp bag should give a warm stratification. If nothing else germinates pop them back in the fridge for another 30 days for another round of cold.

Top Bottom