The Growing Ground.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It looks like you have tons of room, lucky man! We have freezing rain, and wet snow so far.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
It looks like you have tons of room, lucky man! We have freezing rain, and wet snow so far.
I have an acre of lawn and 2 acres of woods with a stream. Old growth woods around the corner and state land across the street. Doesn't suck

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Always nice to have protected forests nearby! At the end of my street is a 300 acre forest, great spot to get out with the dogs. I wouldn't mind having more space for growing more material though! Like all things, I am reminded to have patience.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I have an acre of lawn and 2 acres of woods with a stream. Old growth woods around the corner and state land across the street. Doesn't suck
I collected a deer pruned yew from my in laws place in Palmyra some years ago. How well do the deer prune in your little slice of heaven?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I collected a deer pruned yew from my in laws place in Palmyra some years ago. How well do the deer prune in your little slice of heaven?
They don't touch larch, some years eat pine buds, kill shipaku, eat limbs off of Japanese maples and crabapples...otherwise I'm good.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Always nice to have protected forests nearby! At the end of my street is a 300 acre forest, great spot to get out with the dogs. I wouldn't mind having more space for growing more material though! Like all things, I am reminded to have patience.
The oldgrowth was preserved because the ravine was too steep for the clearcutting that happened in the late 1800's and early 1900's.

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One of several deer and elk pruned Yew I have tagged for collection. These guys are pros.
IMG_20170928_130910318.jpg
I can leave my house, walk five miles in a any direction and not come out of the forest, and not see another human.

Top Bottom