The $2.98 Mugo Pine Bonsai 20005-2014

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I started this Mugo Pine bonsai as an on line styling contest for the now defunct Bonsai Talk Web site in 2005. Today I finished a restyling of the tree that I started earlier in the year. I think over the next several years as the wood thickens up this little bonsai may become something to take note of. The tree is about 15" tall from the table to top of tree.

This is the tree in 2005
cgLrA0G.jpg

This is the same tree this evening 2014
8qFdDBq.jpg

The tree has a long way to go but it does go to show you what you can do with a couple of bucks and some imagination.

Very interesting how the lower branch became the apex.

Any body else afraid to kill some trees? Come on guys, I check the new post every time I log on and I can't remember the last time some one posted a series of photos on a tree they're working on. May be you're afraid that someone is going to pillory your work and tell you every thing you are doing wrong? I wont do that to you.

We are all humans...we all make mistakes for one reason or another...I prefer to be told when I am wrong.

We are all humans...we all make mistakes for one reason or another...I prefer to be told when I am wrong.

Don't you think fourteen times is a little excessive? Just asking.

Vance, when are you ever going to take off that wire?? ;o)

If you make the same mistake over and over again it is no longer a mistake...it is stupidity.

Vance, when are you ever going to take off that wire?? ;o)

When hell freezes over, pigs fly, Liberals learn how to think and you put up a gallery of you very fine bonsai.

It may be that you meant that as a joke but my sense of self deprecation has reached its limits.

Last edited:
When hell freezes over, pigs fly, Liberals learn how to think and you put up a gallery of you very fine bonsai.

It may be that you meant that as a joke but my sense of self deprecation has reached its limits.

So...you're one of them liberals, huh? ;)

Don't you think fourteen times is a little excessive? Just asking.
He he he! What I meant is that no matter how hard you try to point people in the right direction some will always do what they want to do...and few will do the same mistake over and over...
Did not mean You....some people.

I new you were old but: "The $2.98 Mugo Pine Bonsai 20005-2014?" I guess you picked this up somewhere around 20,005 BC or there's an extra zero there, we're just not sure? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom