Terrible Water Wand

Apparently I didn’t take the final pic of full pressure on the masakuni.

In summary, the Masakuni requires much less flow to break the water effectively.

Apparently I didn’t take the final pic of full pressure on the masakuni.

In summary, the Masakuni requires much less flow to break the water effectively.
I feel like it's because of the large well inside the head of the dramm, until that fills and pressurizes a bit it just pours out. I only have the black head at the moment though it doesn't look that much better on the red. I may cut mine in half remove half an inch or so of height and put it back together. Then see if that improves things.

I feel like it's because of the large well inside the head of the dramm, until that fills and pressurizes a bit it just pours out. I only have the black head at the moment though it doesn't look that much better on the red. I may cut mine in half remove half an inch or so of height and put it back together. Then see if that improves things.
That in combination with the number of, and size of, holes in the head. You need to bring in enough water that the waterflow is over capacity of the holes.

I've got a Dramm 170 head as well. It breaks water effectively at less flow, but its not as soft as I wanted it.

I'm a long-time Dramm 1000 (and 400, the black one) user. At close to fully-on (certainly more than half) the water that came out of it was extremely fine. I also noticed it seemed really harsh for the soil on trees in pots. After using someone else', I broke down and bought a Masakuni watering wand this spring because it is as much better as everyone claimed. I was going to buy another for my second growing area, but instead I consolidated growing areas. The water is soft ...and gentle at every amount of flow. I'm also able to make sure I'm watering just the soil, keeping water off the foliage as is recommended for most species.
You certainly are entittled to your opinion but did you ever consider how Junipers in desert climates receive water, the Red Woods on the Coast and in the Sierras, and the Pines in the high mountains?

You certainly are entittled to your opinion but did you ever consider how Junipers in desert climates receive water, the Red Woods on the Coast and in the Sierras, and the Pines in the high mountains?
You're "enttitled" to ask questions wherever you'd like on this board as well, even if your question pertains to the most minuscule portion of what I wrote. But yes, I know that plants are watered by rain (or dew) that generally falls from above (or at least wets the foliage). I also know that plants growing in the desert, on the Coast, in the Sierras, and in the high mountains tend to have a more extensive rootball, and generally more vigor than a plant in a pot ...and likely some adaptation that allows them to live wherever it is they're getting rained on (or "dewed"). Noting that fungus tends to target plants in a weakened state, I try to avoid wetting the foliage any more than I have to. I've noticed positive results from doing so.

Back to wands now, or are we going to do this?

and likely some adaptation that allows them to live wherever it is they're getting rained on (or "dewed"). Noting that fungus tends to target plants in a weakened state, I try to avoid wetting the foliage any more than I have to. I've noticed positive results from doing so.
Junipers can take up to 1/3 of their water needs through the foliage though.

Back
Top Bottom