Summer watering: root stew

If the soil LOOKS wet (dark and moist) I do NOT add more water.
It was 117 here yesterday and "root stew" is certainly a local danger. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I like mornings. m a y b e..... mid day, but LOOK FIRST !!!

Evenings is inviting fungus and mildew. I gauge it by what the soil looks like in the morning. I look for a .....dry... looking surface.

If the soil LOOKS wet (dark and moist) I do NOT add more water.
It was 117 here yesterday and "root stew" is certainly a local danger. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I like mornings. m a y b e..... mid day, but LOOK FIRST !!!

Evenings is inviting fungus and mildew. I gauge it by what the soil looks like in the morning. I look for a .....dry... looking surface.

I didn't realize there was a tenth ring of Hell called Lincoln, CA. How is it down there? What are you in for?

Joking aside, how do you keep a tree moist in that kind of heat? Are you potting your trees in pure peat? It's pretty humid here, and my trees dry out fast on those rare occasions when the temperature gets close to 100°F.

I didn't realize there was a tenth ring of Hell called Lincoln, CA. How is it down there? What are you in for?

Joking aside, how do you keep a tree moist in that kind of heat? Are you potting your trees in pure peat? It's pretty humid here, and my trees dry out fast on those rare occasions when the temperature gets close to 100°F.

Bonsai mix. Then observe.

If it had been this goddam hot when I moved here, I wouldn't have.

Very unusual.

Back
Top Bottom