"Spaces For Birds"

Fear of flying.

Hi there. How big spaces to let the birds fly by should be left? Joking.

Allow me to introduce our friends, that keep the pigeons away - some little falcons. They nest somewhere around here. Watching their offsprings fly is really funny. Sometimes I find some branches broken, but I love them. This is
one that is going to spend all night getting ready to take off. Yeah, fear of
flying or the first night spent out of home?
2016_0620_19523400.jpg

Oh, English, spaces big or large....or?

Fear of flying.

Hi there. How big spaces to let the birds fly by should be left? Joking.

Allow me to introduce our friends, that keep the pigeons away - some little falcons. They nest somewhere around here. Watching their offsprings fly is really funny. Sometimes I find some branches broken, but I love them. This is
one that is going to spend all night getting ready to take off. Yeah, fear of
flying or the first night spent out of home?
View attachment 108758
Awesome! I see and hear severel types of raptors here. Beautiful!

When we uncovered our center console boat this spring, we found a sparrow nest on top of the life jacket bag we have hanging on the front of our T-top. There were three newly hatched babies in it so we put it back and resigned ourselves to two weeks before we could move the boat to give the babies time to fledge. I watched the nest to make sure we didnt freak the parent birds out and have them abandon the nest. Everything seemed fine, the adults kept returning to the nest over the next few days and were taking care of the babies.

During the winter, the boat is kept along the side of the house that our bedroom is on. A week after finding the nest, we were awakened at 1:30 in the morning by an awful ruckus and squawking out there. The next morning, I went out and climbed in the boat to check on things and found 2 of the babies gone and the third dead in the nest. Pretty sure we had a predator repeat an episode of "Wild Kingdom" out there. I got rid of the nest and took down the life jacket bag before the parents could lay another clutch of eggs and we moved the boat out of there. Too bad really, it would have just taken another week for the babies to fledge and fly off.

When we uncovered our center console boat this spring, we found a sparrow nest on top of the life jacket bag we have hanging on the front of our T-top. There were three newly hatched babies in it so we put it back and resigned ourselves to two weeks before we could move the boat to give the babies time to fledge. I watched the nest to make sure we didnt freak the parent birds out and have them abandon the nest. Everything seemed fine, the adults kept returning to the nest over the next few days and were taking care of the babies.

During the winter, the boat is kept along the side of the house that our bedroom is on. A week after finding the nest, we were awakened at 1:30 in the morning by an awful ruckus and squawking out there. The next morning, I went out and climbed in the boat to check on things and found 2 of the babies gone and the third dead in the nest. Pretty sure we had a predator repeat an episode of "Wild Kingdom" out there. I got rid of the nest and took down the life jacket bag before the parents could lay another clutch of eggs and we moved the boat out of there. Too bad really, it would have just taken another week for the babies to fledge and fly off.
Oh, it's sad. At least we people are not the only predators.

Here's a dove with some nestlings. I got right up next to them today while watering the 6' potted Foemina Juniper they call home!
View attachment 108813
Nice, but foemina again? What do you all have with foeminas?:)

I know, Goshin. But in last weeks foemina were in every ID thread...:)
It comes and goes. We'll have a big run on foemina. Then it fades out. Then it comes back.
Look up foemina and see what else you find.

Sure I always (except the first time) take it as a joke, look at the smiley... Imagine school times, it was always better to say whatever than stay silent when being examined.:D

Back
Top Bottom