Some Little Tree in the Philippines

Well, no round pot yet - it takes about three-to-four (plus) hours to get from here to that end of Manila, and we just got back from four days in Baguio, 'taking care of business," and we're exhuasted. If I get the pot later this trip, I'll post again, otherwise we'll be back here in March. The bougainvilliae hasn't changed much, so I'll not post that on the thread I started for it, but here are updated pix on this guy. I post the same views I did last time, then a new angle that I think makes the best front. Just iPhone photos with zero tweaking - sorry. I may trim it back a ways later today, and if so I'll post that as well. Here are the original views:
IMG_5740.jpgIMG_5742.jpgIMG_5744.jpgIMG_5746.jpg

Here it is potted in the round pot - I think it complimemts the tree quite nicely. A bit more trimming, wiring, etc - still very much a work in progress, which will be resumed in another six months or so ...
IMG_5767.jpg IMG_5772.jpg IMG_5770.jpg IMG_5774.jpg
To load these with the poor internet here, (except at 3AM and such) the sizes of the photos has been drastically reduced - hope they are still at least acceptable.

The last two photos, BTW - not to anthropomorphize the tree or anything - seem to nicely suggest a couple ballroom dancing :)

The first is my preferred front at the moment.

Enjoy!

The last two photos, BTW - not to anthropomorphize the tree or anything - seem to nicely suggest a couple ballroom dancing :)
I am all for anthropomorphising - I like the views in the last two pix.
The only knock I have about the last one is that the wood seems 'flat'.
The last one might be improved by spreading out the foliage that this coming of her ass a bit more so that the idea of a skirt flaring out from a fast turn is more easily associated.

Regardless, it is an interesting tree.

Looks similar to sagaretia,but its not,cool tree regardless,enjoy your new country Grouper!

Finally, my wife and I and all our remaining earthly belongings have arrived now in the Philippines! As the old song once said about traveling on greyhound buses, "It's got to be the going - NOT the getting there - that you're after." Put another way, I understand that the word "travel" derives from the French word for "travail", to go through labor and give birth to a child.

Here's the latest on this cute little thing, that I think I will name, "The Tree With No Name" ( my apologies to Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood).
?P.I.Tree2018-1.jpg

I'm still not at all happy with that predictably undifferentiated "green helmet" variant jutting off to the lower left there - yawn, or perhaps Yuck! The next step will be to re-work that whole thing into a more interesting and visually pleasing configuration to match the top foliage, which is more the style I want. But the bleached dead wood turned out very nicely IMHO.

It's still very much a three dimensional tree, with interesting visual twists and turns from all directions, but I only had the time to get off this one photo of the front. More later ... and once I'm settled in here in a few months and start bonsai again in earnest I hope to be posting more regularly and get back in into the BNut community again (if you all will/can tolerate me again ... )

Hey Will, glad to know you are settling in. What kind of tree is this? It almost looks like the deadwood is eating the tree...

Finally, my wife and I and all our remaining earthly belongings have arrived now in the Philippines! As the old song once said about traveling on greyhound buses, "It's got to be the going - NOT the getting there - that you're after." Put another way, I understand that the word "travel" derives from the French word for "travail", to go through labor and give birth to a child.

Here's the latest on this cute little thing, that I think I will name, "The Tree With No Name" ( my apologies to Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood).
View attachment 181374

I'm still not at all happy with that predictably undifferentiated "green helmet" variant jutting off to the lower left there - yawn, or perhaps Yuck! The next step will be to re-work that whole thing into a more interesting and visually pleasing configuration to match the top foliage, which is more the style I want. But the bleached dead wood turned out very nicely IMHO.

It's still very much a three dimensional tree, with interesting visual twists and turns from all directions, but I only had the time to get off this one photo of the front. More later ... and once I'm settled in here in a few months and start bonsai again in earnest I hope to be posting more regularly and get back in into the BNut community again (if you all will/can tolerate me again ... )

Welcome back :)

Hey Will, glad to know you are settling in. What kind of tree is this? It almost looks like the deadwood is eating the tree...

LOL! Yes, the deadwood is a wee bit "prominent".

Neither I, nor anyone else here who has seen it, have any idea what this tree is called.

G52

Some say he can create bonsai with a single clip
of the scissors and his charm is so contagious, a
vaccine had to be created for it.

The most interesting man in the Philippines.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-04-at-9_12_45-AM.jpg

"I don't always do bonsai, but when I do I use a
tree with no name".

Some say he can create bonsai with a single clip
of the scissors and his charm is so contagious, a
vaccine had to be created for it.

The most interesting man in the Philippines.

View attachment 181444

"I don't always do bonsai, but when I do I use a
tree with no name".

LOL! Really - I'm just laughing and laughing, and can hardly type this. Thanks for making my day, Vin!

Back
Top Bottom