Show Us Your Bonsai Benches

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I am slightly jealous with the insane amount of space people seem to have as "garden" over there. We have a VERY large garden for Dutch Standards at 1100 m2 / 0.25 acres. But it feels ours is tiny in comparison.
I'm also a bit jealous when I see those large gardens with plenty of space.

My house is build on a piece of ground of 134 m2, so I only have a back yard / garden of around 50 m2.
I would love to have a larger garden so I can have a nice greenhouse and a larger shed for the bonsai hobby but I don't have the space for that now.

I've been looking for houses with larger gardens in the last few years but with the current prices of real estate in the Netherlands it is just too expensive for me to buy another house just for a larger garden.

But nevertheless I enjoy my garden and the set up I have at the moment.

butlern

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My set up. All pressure treated lumber, with post holes simply packed with paver stone so I they’re not permanent and I could potentially move them around as shade trees in my yard continue to get larger over the years. Very stable benches, each costing about $45 to construct (back in 2019!)

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpeg
    IMG_3025.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2943.jpeg
    IMG_2943.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2460.jpeg
    IMG_2460.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2792.jpeg
    IMG_2792.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3027.jpeg
    IMG_3027.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3382.jpeg
    IMG_3382.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3388.jpeg
    IMG_3388.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 130

invaderzim

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I really like that! I need to build something for my trees they just sit on picnic table and front porch and have to move them around when really hot to keep them from getting fried.
Thank you! It took awhile to come up with a design, taking inspiration from a couple of the posts here. Shade cloth is definitely a must for my location and wanted a good way put it up easily in my bench design.

Stella

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
What is the general consensus of Mickey Mouse children's tables? Also comes in Little Mermaid. ...asking for a friend.
You will have a very colorful garden.
Generally, I don't think they can take alot of weight, so small trees only.
They might perish quickly in full sun outside. Maybe put table cloth over so they last longer

Top Bottom