Review for Kouka-en's Maple Bonsai Masterclass

shohin kid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Posted this on another forum, thought I'd share here as well. This is a review for this video http://www.fujikawabonsai.com/fujikawa/en/product/digital-download-bonsai-masterclass-maple-bonsai/

The maple movie is very good, and definitely worth the money!!!

I've watched it a couple times, and in my opinion the video is high quality, both in the information given and in the way it looks. I learned both new things and reinforced things that I have learned in the past. The video talks about care with both Japanese maples and trident maples. I especially liked how the video also talked about shishigashira maple care, which I've never seen talked about before. It was extremely informative for me since this is one of my favorite varieties of Japanese maple. Although the video gives you a lot of information in 27 minutes, it makes sure to summarize its main points at the end, really making the information clear to the average bonsai enthusiast. The bonsai and the quality of the filming is superb, and the movie is just beautiful to watch. This is not the video to buy if you are just interested in growing maple stock. There is no information on propagation or growing young plants, but if you have maples with trunks in bonsai pots, then this is the maple video for you. I really liked how they went through a typical year and covered maple care by the season.

Overall its an informative and great-looking video! Definitely worth the money if you have maples, or would like to.

Shohin Kid

Top Bottom