Chumono
Reaction score
i love the cracked bark just above the nebari, so beautifull and old looking

ralf

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Mr Pall, could you please share with us the benefits of repotting trees in this period of year?

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think its just a little confusing when someone with as much global respect as him does something like this without warning others.

Maybe he is just showing how much of a bonsai ninja he is.

clem

Chumono
Reaction score
Wha! i've seen this tree for real at Versailles in 2007 , it's getting better and better :) Love the nebari, the bark above the nebari and the slight inclination of the tree !

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I think its just a little confusing when someone with as much global respect as him does something like this without warning others.

Maybe he is just showing how much of a bonsai ninja he is.

Why warn others. It is save. Do you think I am stupid? I got offers for this tree up to US$ 65,000 and turned them down. Do you really think that I would risk it frivolosly. There seems a lot you still have to learn.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
He has the time to do it now so he did it now. He is able to provide proper aftercare so the tree will not suffer.

He who can read has advantages. I did write that I cold do it any other time within the next two years. But I chose this time because it is a very good one.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I makes you really wonder why people are so afraid of summer repotting.
It does have an excellent root system to start with, but nonetheless your experience makes me rethink it. I have not lost trees using winter repotting but if healthy and in need I will consider this.

Thanks for documenting so well.

ralf

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
He who can read has advantages. I did write that I cold do it any other time within the next two years. But I chose this time because it is a very good one.

The fact you can do it any other time of the year is a feature describing your skills. It is not a benefit strictly speaking. A good time to do something is a bit general description from a person who spent so much time to popularize his methods.

Is there any benefit for the tree to repot in August? Fast growth of roots = beter healing? Reducing the strenght of the tree?

Top Bottom