Poll : How do you access Bonsai Nut, Phone or Computer?

How do you access this site?

• Phone

Votes: 50 38.8%
  • Computer

Votes: 37 28.7%
  • Both

Votes: 42 32.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm interested in the percentage of people that use Phone or PC's to access this site.

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
All my pictures of my trees are already on my phone, so that's what I tend to use. I also downloaded the skinned Chrome BNut "app", which is nice because it's really just Chrome with a separate way to get it, so I don't get distracted and/or lose my history.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I use a desk top computer/24" screen only for this site and most everything else. I have no idea how people see details of items or even read things on their phone. To me looking with phones is time consuming and a bit irritating sometimes. When I have had to use my phone, I always wonder...did I miss something. Also, my computer never runs out of batteries.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Surprised how many use phone only. I definitely get a better viewing experience on the larger screen of the laptop. If im viewing posts of trees I really like on my phone, I will almost always log in later from my laptop to view the tree again.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm interested in the percentage of people that use Phone or PC's to access this site.
This is not exact, because it is volume of traffic by platform, versus users per platform. Many users access the site via multiple platforms. This has changed significantly over the years, with volume moving away from PC's and towards mobile devices/phones.

63.1% smart phones
31.0% desktop/PC's/laptops
5.9% tablets

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This is not exact, because it is volume of traffic by platform, versus users per platform. Many users access the site via multiple platforms. This has changed significantly over the years, with volume moving away from PC's and towards mobile devices/phones.

63.1% smart phones
31.0% desktop/PC's/laptops
5.9% tablets
Nice. Thanks for looking that up. I was thinking smart phones would be 75% or more, and it looks like it's headed that way.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Nice. Thanks for looking that up. I was thinking smart phones would be 75% or more, and it looks like it's headed that way.
Bonsai is still more popular with an older crowd that typically isn’t as engaged with extensive phone use for social media and chatting as younger generations, so I’d guess the phone-computer split will likely reflect that difference. My two IRL clubs probably have 20-30% of people below age 40, and greater than 50% above 60. If that holds true more generally then I’d anticipate lower phone use here than in other forums.

Top Bottom