PIGLET CHAPTER 2

Yes it does! But I also think it recalls Walter Pall's trees.
Didn't he coin the descriptor "fairy tale bonsai"? It's one of my favorite genres of styling, and I'd say Piglet fits the definition of that genre of bonsai to a tee.

Didn't he coin the descriptor "fairy tale bonsai"? It's one of my favorite genres of styling, and I'd say Piglet fits the definition of that genre of bonsai to a tee.

Yes he did. But not sure Dave. I think this tree may not be "weird" enough to go under the Fairy Tale descriptor? 🧐

I actually think now that a more apt name for it should be the "Keebler Elf" trident. Just need to carve out a little door and done! 😂

Screen Shot 2024-02-16 at 11.36.21 AM.png

Yes he did. But not sure Dave. I think this tree may not be "weird" enough to go under the Fairy Tale descriptor? 🧐

I actually think now that a more apt name for it should be the "Keebler Elf" trident. Just need to carve out a little door and done! 😂

View attachment 529005
Ooooh, I love Keebler Fudge Stripes almost as much as I love Piglet!

This feels like one of Maria Hadjic's trees. Can't wait to see it on display
Yeah, its called the emperor and was on the trophy 2 years ago
1708108385358.jpeg
Yes it does! But I also think it recalls Walter Pall's trees.
Marije has of course studied bonsai with WP for a long time!

Looking awesome Sergio. That is truly a monster. I was lucky enough to see it at Judy‘s place before it got passed on to Sergio. It just keeps getting better.

Sergio, it is a fantastic tree. I like how you styled the branches in an unorthodox way, it suits the material well. I wouldn't like to carry this beast in my garden, I feel the pain in my back over the screen.

I think this thread is an excellent example of the importance of fine wiring on even the smallest branches.
I agree with the wiring of the details, you hardly could achieve good results without it.

Per post #245 ... I see more of a Tim Burton-inspired tree in B/W ... TBH I like the pivot shot as-is 👌

That really looks great, Sergio. Trying to get an idea of size...can you give me an idea, maybe width of pot or height of tree or something? Probably in the thread somewhere but I haven't seen it.

That really looks great, Sergio. Trying to get an idea of size...can you give me an idea, maybe width of pot or height of tree or something? Probably in the thread somewhere but I haven't seen it.

Hi Chris. The pot it's in now is 28" across to give you some perspective. Certainly not the biggest trident I've seen but it has a lot of physical presence. Not only because of the very hefty trunk but also in volume from side to side as well as front to back.

Yeah, its called the emperor and was on the trophy 2 years ago
View attachment 529019

Marije has of course studied bonsai with WP for a long time!

I have designed most of Marija's trees, especially the famous ones. I have worked with these trees for many years. The emperor was designed by me. Andrija, her long term parner has done most of the work

Back
Top Bottom