Picked up a 3 pack of Kishu Shimpaku yalls guy!

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 49943
  • Start date Start date
I'm told the owner of that site is on here. He came highly recommended. Will update with pics once I receive them.

I'm told the owner of that site is on here. He came highly recommended. Will update with pics once I receive them.
Yup. Those are from @Eric Schrader . You made a great choice ordering from him. He’s got a great business, but that is second to the fact that his horticulture and bonsai knowledge is on point. So im sure those tree starts are very healthy.

That's wild I actually watched his videos when I first got my shimpaku. Now I'm subbed. Thanks for the link.

Arrived on time packed well beautiful healthy plants. So I guess I just keep them in the tall pots until fall? Eric Schrader is the medium just straight up pearlite?

Attachments

• 20230819_160032.jpg
    20230819_160032.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 123
I think he uses perlite and coco coir for growing out.

Liquid diet until fall, then transplant to bonsai mix in slightly larger pot. Something like a trade pot 1 gallon?

Kishu Shimpaku
ehm.. Are these not 2 different varieties?

[edit]
So shimpaku is just the overarching label, with kishu being the intended variety.
sorry about that.

Last edited:
Liquid diet until fall, then transplant to bonsai mix in slightly larger pot. Something like a trade pot 1 gallon?
Does not have to be liquid of course.

I try to not overpot trees too much. I think slowly increasing potsize step by step is better than jumping lots.
The first repot will be important to also organize the roots, and not just dump it into a bigger pot.

I just order a 5-pack. Will be putting them in 2-gallon pots this fall with commercial potting mix and fert the living daylight of them. Hopefully in 10 years I have some shohin materials to work with.

I just order a 5-pack. Will be putting them in 2-gallon pots this fall with commercial potting mix and fert the living daylight of them. Hopefully in 10 years I have some shohin materials to work with.

I'm looking at 3 gallon fabric pots half filled. Should give me the right shape root mass. I was thinking promix with extra pumice 1/3 atleast.

I'm looking at 3 gallon fabric pots half filled. Should give me the right shape root mass. I was thinking promix with extra pumice 1/3 atleast.
Good call on the air pots! I have some too but they are too small around quart size...
I am wondering if Bonsaify has any long standing discount codes? I got a 10% off for my first order but I feel most sites like this have some codes for returning customers?

I'd return for a code. He has great plants. Mine are settling in nicely.

as always I will make a new post showing how awsome they look.

Back
Top Bottom