New to this Forum... but not new to Bonsai

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
πŸ‘... wondered when... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‚ you're such a busy gal though πŸ₯‚
Currently bored out my mind... I am heading into hibernation mode...not quite ready for it to be honest. Usually I am. But... no...I miss being outdoors. My dang lungs... but hey...I'm still with the daisies can't complain. πŸ˜‰

arbuscula

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8+
Currently bored out my mind... I am heading into hibernation mode...not quite ready for it to be honest. Usually I am. But... no...I miss being outdoors. My dang lungs... but hey...I'm still with the daisies can't complain. πŸ˜‰
Your posts on IG make me say "how can you be bored?"... im trying to play catch up with what you've uploaded there - and now to go back on your posts here (just came across you Ginko video from 4 years ago in that lovely pot). Your posts are inspirational - and I need to do much better preparation for mine πŸ˜‰

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Your posts on IG make me say "how can you be bored?"... im trying to play catch up with what you've uploaded there - and now to go back on your posts here (just came across you Ginko video from 4 years ago in that lovely pot). Your posts are inspirational - and I need to do much better preparation for mine πŸ˜‰
Lol thank you. But...trees are slipping into dormancy. Things slow down here. Though I am preparing trees for full winter storage. But I putz. I don't do everything in one day. And I've now got to bundle up so I don't breathe in the cold air. The asthma mask once it arrives will be less bothersome than a scarf bundled and knotted. To just walk to the greenhouse.

Yeah it's been fun sharing on Instagram. Now that I'm back to feeling like I can do bonsai again.

arbuscula

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8+
Lol thank you. But...trees are slipping into dormancy. Things slow down here. Though I am preparing trees for full winter storage. But I putz. I don't do everything in one day. And I've now got to bundle up so I don't breathe in the cold air. The asthma mask once it arrives will be less bothersome than a scarf bundled and knotted. To just walk to the greenhouse.

Yeah it's been fun sharing on Instagram. Now that I'm back to feeling like I can do bonsai again.
You deserve the appreciations your posts get - should get more. Have a professional touch to them... backdrops, lighting - or so it seems. Show you put work into them.

Trees are going dormant here also... although some seem to be holding on because of the way the weather in the UK has gone backwards and forwards. I've been dithering on preparing but that's mainly because of all the wet weather and nowhere to take them to work indoors on them. Found a couple of hours this morning to get the leaf blower out for a tidy up of the leaves from the trees surrounding my garden - wet, sticky leaves clinging to the ground. Wishing for a few days of dry weather so I can remove moss and weeds... then gather the bare branch trees together ready to protect from frosts.

You be sure to take care... hopefully those masks will arrive in good time to help you ❀️

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You deserve the appreciations your posts get - should get more. Have a professional touch to them... backdrops, lighting - or so it seems. Show you put work into them.

Trees are going dormant here also... although some seem to be holding on because of the way the weather in the UK has gone backwards and forwards. I've been dithering on preparing but that's mainly because of all the wet weather and nowhere to take them to work indoors on them. Found a couple of hours this morning to get the leaf blower out for a tidy up of the leaves from the trees surrounding my garden - wet, sticky leaves clinging to the ground. Wishing for a few days of dry weather so I can remove moss and weeds... then gather the bare branch trees together ready to protect from frosts.

You be sure to take care... hopefully those masks will arrive in good time to help you ❀️
You all have had your share of crazy weather. For certain. Fingers crossed you get some fare weather to do what needs done.

As to Instagram...I only just turned myself public recently. As my reasoning creating an account. Was...over a stalker. (Crazy when I think about it.) That said...before then. I even turned down bigger names from the UK who sent requests to follow early on. I didn't want people to have access to me. Plain and simple...I was looking over my shoulder...and only wanted ones I knew well. Access there. But a year has passed...and...I'm feeling more myself...so I opened my page to being public. So...followers...are still relatively low. As...it has been just a few months I've permitted access. All and all...its a nice way to pass time. And see other people's work...without the drama of say...Facebook and what not.

Friends and family...have no idea I have an Instagram account. Or my followers would be higher in number. I wish to only have bonsai in my feed when I look at things. Not frivolous topics. Which love them...but who knows what would be in my feed...if I had those ones over on Instagram. Muddling things... no...I'll stick to strictly bonsai...for that platform. πŸ˜‰

arbuscula

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8+
@Cadillactaste There's been a fair bit of crazy weather on your side of the pond also... all around the world it's been crazy compared with other years... I'm not wanting to open a can of worms in that direction though πŸ˜‰.

I can understand about the feelings stuff - definitely not crazy at all... it's disgusting that some feel its ok and they can get away with it... it's quite deplorable that stalking takes place on the various platforms... it shouldn't happen but does... Only way is not to accept such and report those that do it - straight away.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Cadillactaste There's been a fair bit of crazy weather on your side of the pond also... all around the world it's been crazy compared with other years... I'm not wanting to open a can of worms in that direction though πŸ˜‰.

I can understand about the feelings stuff - definitely not crazy at all... it's disgusting that some feel its ok and they can get away with it... it's quite deplorable that stalking takes place on the various platforms... it shouldn't happen but does... Only way is not to accept such and report those that do it - straight away.
... I stalked my stalker. 🫣... gained some amazing friends out of it. Lol as he had been a friend at first...and name dropped people. When he threatened to hunt me down. I truly needed to know...if it was a valid threat. Or to scare me.

Would I do it again...no. I would report and block. What I learned...was foolish of me...to then poke at him when I knew more about him...then...I learned even more later...and learned what a dang foolish move I had done.

arbuscula

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8+
... I stalked my stalker. 🫣... gained some amazing friends out of it. Lol as he had been a friend at first...and name dropped people. When he threatened to hunt me down. I truly needed to know...if it was a valid threat. Or to scare me.

Would I do it again...no. I would report and block. What I learned...was foolish of me...to then poke at him when I knew more about him...then...I learned even more later...and learned what a dang foolish move I had done.
Oh my! Not sure I know what to say... stalking a stalker!!! ... a friend that does that isn't a "friend" ... no way. It's good you didn't come to harm - and gained true friendship from others. Wow... Best to play safe and go the right path... Some unknown individual stalking is bad enough... but... someone who says they are a friend - or made ypu feel they are... deplorable. Thanks for sharing that with me.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Oh my! Not sure I know what to say... stalking a stalker!!! ... a friend that does that isn't a "friend" ... no way. It's good you didn't come to harm - and gained true friendship from others. Wow... Best to play safe and go the right path... Some unknown individual stalking is bad enough... but... someone who says they are a friend - or made ypu feel they are... deplorable. Thanks for sharing that with me.
Oh...that was the hardest pill to swallow. He was an acquaintance/friend. We talked trees all the time. Which made his threat...edgy.

arbuscula

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8+
Oh...that was the hardest pill to swallow. He was an acquaintance/friend. We talked trees all the time. Which made his threat...edgy.
Oh...that makes me so angry 😠 😑... hard lesson learned BUT shouldn't have to be... very sad... ((hugs))

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Oh...that makes me so angry 😠 😑... hard lesson learned BUT shouldn't have to be... very sad... ((hugs))
Thanks...agreed shouldn't have to be.

I used to use a tree for a Facebook profile. The photo of me...when I finally got over covid..and was...finally glad to be alive. The survivor guilt let up. I took a photo and used it as a profile image. That's...when he turned unto a creep. He seen my face.

But he and others...won't make me hide behind my trees either. As he said...I hid behind my trees. No...I just didn't care to share myself with the world. Now...I put a selfie up to dare ones to have me block them. πŸ˜‰ mess with me. I dare you. *Not you of course.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Welcome @arbuscula , glad you found this awesome bonsai site!

@Cadillactaste , I had no idea you went through all that! How terrible! But -- you survived and we are glad for it.
Covid or the stalker? Covid...was bad. There was a time...I questioned if I would beat it. I'm respiratory compromised... my pastor died two days before I got it. Day one...I thought to myself...I don't think ..I can handle a worst day. It went and attacked my weak lungs. Day two...I had an infusion...and they all were concerned. Had me set my timer on my cell. Every 30 minutes I was not asleep I was to use the spirometer they gave me. I was bedridden...flat on my stomach 4 entire months. Or my vitals crashed. I got sick December 7th 2021... my trees never came out of the greenhouse until June. I wasn't capable of tending them. My husband took care of them. Watering...he couldn't place them where they needed to go...and two step when needed .I was so grateful for the grow lights I had added.

June 23rd...which would have been my dad's birthday. I found joy in watering my trees. And it hit me...I was glad to be alive. So I took a selfie. I no longer have my auburn hair...it turned white streaks now. From being so sick. But...to finally feel glad to be alive. Was worth capturing
Screenshot_20231103_133716_Gallery.jpg

arbuscula

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8+
Geesh @arbuscula ...Frank I seemed to have pulled ones down a rabbit hole. Sorry.

That said. I'm glad you joined. πŸ™‚
NO need to apologise to me - or anyone else. I'm glad, happy, to have met you, wish it had been earlier - sorry if that comes across incorrectly... not meant to.
You've inspired me to have another go at posting to Instagram again... get back to some photo edits on the computer instead of just the phone - as at present. May be a little while away but headed in that direction πŸ™‚

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
NO need to apologise to me - or anyone else. I'm glad, happy, to have met you, wish it had been earlier - sorry if that comes across incorrectly... not meant to.
You've inspired me to have another go at posting to Instagram again... get back to some photo edits on the computer instead of just the phone - as at present. May be a little while away but headed in that direction πŸ™‚
😘 perfect! Will enjoy seeing what you share.

Top Bottom