New starts for 2017

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I finally retired this tube of cut paste. This empty is the original one I started with some thirty years ago. I bought the new tube about a year ago but the old one just seemed to go on and on. I finally used it up tonight preparing this tree for spring...

DSC_0028.JPG

the tree I used it on....
DSC_0001.JPG

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That's what my last tube looked like...
Thanks for reminding me to get more!
I see someone likes old bottles! I used to collect old bottles...they look cool!

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I like the bottles too, what are the ones on the far right?

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Hi Smoke,

I like this gnarly tree. Looks like some type of vine. Branches at the apex look like VA creeper but I don't know if you have these on the West Coast.

Happy New Year, best to you and your Sweetheart!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Smoke,

I like this gnarly tree. Looks like some type of vine. Branches at the apex look like VA creeper but I don't know if you have these on the West Coast.

Happy New Year, best to you and your Sweetheart!
Nope

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Grapevine maybe?

The vines are gone. They were bulldozed a year ago. I took this one as a cutting. The shohin study group was invited to take some cuttings and see what we could do.
DSC_00190019.JPG
DSC_00200020.JPG
DSC_00210021.JPG

That's Ken To in the shorts. They are looking at a map to see if they are in the correct field. Notice the shorts and sweat in Feb?
DSC_00230023.JPG

This is how it looked when I took the cutting and planted it into a colander. That was in Feb. 2015. Next month will start it's third year. The whole bottom of the colander is full of roots as it had escaped into the ground. I'll pot this up soon.

DSC_00550002.JPG

Top Bottom