My new Chuck Iker pot !!

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was looking for a new pot for my Scheffelera Arboricola as the one I had it in was too large and the shiny surface was starting to wear on me. I looked through various sites and came across Chuck Iker here at B-Nut !

I went to his site at http://www.ikerbonsaipots.com/default.aspx and seen this pot which was exactly what I was looking for. The finish and color was muted enough to my tastes with a speckling on it that drew my eye yet not distractingly. I called him a few nights ago and he was very helpful and personable to deal with, even though it was about 9:00 pm when I called! He said to look through his site and if see anything I was interested in email him and he would send me the details.

I was really expecting a long wait and maybe no response at all, that is usually what I find at online sites. I emailled him about an hour later and he replied next morning at 6:00 am ! Impressed with his business approach, I ordered it and received it 2 days later and its perfect. I have never owned a handmade pot before, usually buying the type you see at dealers from china. I have to say I am impressed with the detail and quality of his pots and as I wrote him I will be dealing with him again in the future.

Nupot by edprocoat, on Flickr

Ikerinhand by
edprocoat, on Flickr

Ikerpot by edprocoat, on Flickr

The pot is an 8 inch round with 1 an 1/2 inside depth.
ed

Ed,
Great pot, lets see it with the Scheff in it...

Bob O

Bob O, I posted a picture back in the thread in tropicals.

ed

Thanks for the review. I'm currently looking for a pot. His site has everything. Once my paycheck clears I'll be ordering a couple items from him.

That is a really nice site with lots of affordable options. Thanks for sharing!

Yes I've been happy with his pots as well, and nice pricing.

I like the bowl part of the pot ...but those thick klunky feet just ruin the nice line of the bowl. That pot needs very simple SMALL FEET!

Nice pot, hope it came packed to the brim with styrofoam peanuts....

Was not familar with this pot maker but thought the workmanship was very good indeed. Tuff for me atleast to comment on a pot till i see it's purpose united with it's subject. I like to see pots with different subtilties that correspond with the tree, which may have both masculine and feminine features. To me if the subject has an elaborate root system,the pot may be reflecting that in it's design. Thanks for posting :)

Back
Top Bottom