My Little burning bush.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Buds were swelling on this one so it was time to see about a repot.
I purchased this one for 1$ at the bonsai auction last spring.

It gave a good show last fall.IMG_9912.jpeg
The roots are Definitely ready for some more room to grow. IMG_0662.jpegI had this nice pot on hand. IMG_0661.jpegIMG_0659.jpegIMG_0666.jpegSo I did my best to rake out that rootball. IMG_0665.jpegPotted up in a DE, Calcined clay, lava mix. IMG_0667.jpeg
Wired into the pot and ready to rock. IMG_0675.jpegIMG_0674.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0664.jpeg
    IMG_0664.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0658.jpeg
    IMG_0658.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 3

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I like this tree! The red is ridiculously vibrant. I have two small suggestions. First, I think it would be nice to wire the tip of the smaller trunk back towards the main trunk to echo it’s movement, adding harmony. I also feel that it might look better placed with the “short side” of the pot towards the big trunk, i.e. if it was potted on the other lateral third.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
I like this tree! The red is ridiculously vibrant. I have two small suggestions. First, I think it would be nice to wire the tip of the smaller trunk back towards the main trunk to echo it’s movement, adding harmony. I also feel that it might look better placed with the “short side” of the pot towards the big trunk, i.e. if it was potted on the other lateral third.
Thank you for your feedback!
Yeah I will definitely wire that smaller shoot in more.
I imagine this will fill this pot with roots in a year, (assuming it makes it) so I will definitely take the repotting advice into consideration.

Top Bottom