Must have accessories/tools

Matte91

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
With Christmas and also my birthday around the corner. Friends and familiy has started asking for some present wishes.

I just have one problem. I can't come up with any bonsai related present wishes. I don't need any tools, pots, trees etc. Either because I think I have the tools I need to make bonsai, I don't have trees to repot in new pots and I don't need more trees.

So I was hoing that you could come up with some ideas. Perhaps to your favorite accessories/tools or something else bonsai related that one can't live without.

HENDO

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Perhaps a grow light if you are so inclined to start some indoor plant projects?

Or, some of the Bonsai Empire online courses?

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Do you have any display stands? Suiseki? Need any pots for shitakusa/kusamono? Books? Mirai or Bonsai U subscription? Advanced tools such as a branch jack? Wire?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Do you have a set of titanium chop sticks? Any time I go into my garden, I carry a titanium chop stick and a pair of bonsai scissors. I use the chop stick for soil work... weeding, loosening up soil, checking roots... and when repotting I use a chop stick for root work, settling soil into a root ball, etc.

Titanium Chopsticks for fun and profit!

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Do you have a set of titanium chop sticks? Any time I go into my garden, I carry a titanium chop stick and a pair of bonsai scissors. I use the chop stick for soil work... weeding, loosening up soil, checking roots... and when repotting I use a chop stick for root work, settling soil into a root ball, etc.

Titanium Chopsticks for fun and profit!
I don’t know what kind of metal they’re made of, but when I order soil components from Bonsai Jack, they arrive with a metal chopstick included in the shipping box.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I don’t know what kind of metal they’re made of, but when I order soil components from Bonsai Jack, they arrive with a metal chopstick included in the shipping box.
Yes. I get lava rock from them. The metal chopsticks are great!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If you don't already have a set of concave cutters, that is one of the must have tools imo. Also wire cutters. Most everything else has a regular tool or garden tool equivalent that will work.

Top Bottom