MACH5 (Sergio) on Bonsai Mirai podcast

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
Well done Sergio. I managed to listen to it on my yesterday trip. Nice to hear you speak with Ryan about deciduous bonsai. 👍

Schmikah

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I was super excited to her Sergio talk about deciduous. I love mirai and it about time they got @MACH5 on. Plus, I loved that bonsainut reference.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Oddly I can't even imagine you working trops...Just not right.😬

LOL!! Believe it or not Judy, I had my share of trops when I was down in Houston two years ago for a workshop. I swear one of those workshops was almost nothing but wall to wall trops!! :eek:So had to dig deep to find my Cuban roots... er pun intended! 😂

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Well done Sergio. I managed to listen to it on my yesterday trip. Nice to hear you speak with Ryan about deciduous bonsai. 👍

Thank you Maros! Ryan is beginning to push the deciduous genre in a big way. There is now a growing interest in deciduous bonsai that I knew would come at some point.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I was super excited to her Sergio talk about deciduous. I love mirai and it about time they got @MACH5 on. Plus, I loved that bonsainut reference.

Thank you! Yes, I had to mention this site since I have learned so much here and always a source of inspiration! I will always come home!

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
somewhere along the way I picked that up from Shinji Suzuki. His deciduous work is remarkable in the sense of looking highly refined but also very natural.
I couldn’t agree more. I was lucky enough to talk my way into his garden on a day it was closed. The whole place was beautiful, but his deciduous work blew me away! I really enjoyed the podcast, BTW.👍

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more. I was lucky enough to talk my way into his garden on a day it was closed. The whole place was beautiful, but his deciduous work blew me away! I really enjoyed the podcast, BTW.👍

Thank you! You are one of the lucky few that have been there. It looks to be absolutely a stunning garden. The trees, the garden layout and sense of overall aesthetics is top notch!

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thank you! You are one of the lucky few that have been there. It looks to be absolutely a stunning garden. The trees, the garden layout and sense of overall aesthetics is top notch!
Yes, I found it to be the most interesting and have the most exciting vibe of any garden I visited there.

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
As a newcomer to bonsai, it was definitely inspiring to hear that there were things that Sergio was trying for the first time in recent history...and still learning. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thank you Maros! Ryan is beginning to push the deciduous genre in a big way. There is now a growing interest in deciduous bonsai that I knew would come at some point.
It's about time!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
As a newcomer to bonsai, it was definitely inspiring to hear that there were things that Sergio was trying for the first time in recent history...and still learning. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thank you. Still making mistakes, trying new things and always, always learning!

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thank you. Still making mistakes, trying new things and always, always learning!
I hope he invites you on to do some Mirai "guest" work with deciduous much like Peter Warren. I enjoyed the podcast very much and good to hear you in the flesh.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Serg, you joined me on my way from Birmingham to Huntsville today. Great listen, Bravo!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I hope he invites you on to do some Mirai "guest" work with deciduous much like Peter Warren. I enjoyed the podcast very much and good to hear you in the flesh.

Thanks Paul! 🙏 Well the funny (and utterly stupid) thing about me is that I will never listen to it. I hate to hear myself. UGH really??

I mentioned to him that I am supposed to be in Seattle next year for a workshop and I said that I would have to fly down to Mirai while over there. He said he'd love to have me do a deciduous live stream. Good Lord so much pressure! :eek:😭

Top Bottom