Looking for Hinoki Cypress

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't mean to Hijack a thread but I don't do Face Book either. From what I understand about the site if you don't set your security parameters correctly almost anybody can track where you are any time of the day or night.

Paranoia will destroy ya...

I can think of lots of reasons to avoid facebook, but that's not one of them.

Anyway, some really nice hinoki material there...thanks to Matt for posting the link.

LeonardB

Shohin
Reaction score
Why yes I can, I put an album of about 25 assorted hinokis currently available, take a look. I have some as old as 70 years that are under 5 feet with 10 inch trunks. Many need some thoughfully applied grafts but thats not a big deal. I have many much smaller younger pieces as well. There is a chance I have room on a friends trailer going to cali in may(bay area), I would have to check
I'd love to see this albumn as well as anything you have of Kishu junipers?

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thank you for the link but I don't do Facebook.
And that my friend is why you are having trouble finding trees. I would estimate that over half the Bonsai trees, tools and gear sold on the net in the US are in some way run through Facebook or resulting from connections made on Facebook these days.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And that my friend is why you are having trouble finding trees. I would estimate that over half the Bonsai trees, tools and gear sold on the net in the US are in some way run through Facebook or resulting from connections made on Facebook these days.
Oh well.
I find what I need or want by other means.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
If you can come down a day early or stay a day late next summer when you come down for the show we can go to my favorite nursery. They always have Hinokis.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

I am not a Facebook believer :) I do have a Facebook bonsai page where I do nothing personal... but use it to participate in bonsai tree auctions on occasion. I buy 20 trees via traditional methods for every one tree I buy online.

I probably buy half of my trees at shows and exhibitions. I find it really hard to buy a tree online due to the constraints of a 2D medium. However I live in California. I remember what it was like to live in the MidWest where there weren't any bonsai vendors nearby.

Guy Vitale

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Very true, I was a reluctant Facebook user, but admittedly it's opened up a much broader view of bonsai for me, of course one still needs to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Top Bottom