Looking for a watering wand under $50

Watering wands are almost always under $50:

Also, FWIW, The Potomac Bonsai Festival is happening May 6- May 8 up at the National Arboretum in D.C. Don't know exactly which vendors will be there, but it's a good bet at least three of them will have watering wands. Worth the drive up from Richmond...

Last edited:
I’m a fan of the Dramm products - dramm.com The have a nice wand and then an assortment of nozzle heads.

My favorite nozzle - https://rainwand.com/model/1000pl-water-breaker/
I have a Dramm. Don't use it at all. Compared to the Japanese nozzles (even the cheapo ones) it's no contest. The Dramm produces a stream that is too heavy and washes soil away pretty easily...Your mileage may vary.

I have a Dramm. Don't use it at all. Compared to the Japanese nozzles (even the cheapo ones) it's no contest. The Dramm produces a stream that is too heavy and washes soil away pretty easily...Your mileage may vary.
Hmmmmm...........I guess my mileage varies :)

With that nozzle with 1000 pin holes in it I get a really nice gentle stream.

Water bottle, poke multiple tiny holes at bottom … tie to hose end.
Boom

Jk

if the nozzle is giving too much pressure and it doesnt have a valve to tone it down, put a valve ahead of it to dial it back if you need to
I buy mine from Lowes and I think the most I pay for them is around $10

Someday, I'll probably pick up a "good" watering wand like the Dramm, but my 5 USD adjustable telescoping 7-function cheapo wand from a box store is entering it's 3rd season working perfectly.

Better to just pony up for the Dramm or any quality wand one time than buy a cheaper one many times.

Water bottle, poke multiple tiny holes at bottom … tie to hose end.
Boom

Jk

That’s what I use for fish emulsion 😂 1 gallon jug with drilled cap and toss the jug after use!
That copper one looks sweet!

I have 3 Dramms and don't use any of them. I posted about the 1000, comparing it to the Masakuni wand. The Masakuni, wins by a mile. If you've never used the Masakuni (or the Japanese-like wands), you simply don't know.

(I have the largest Dramm watering can and love it.)

I have 3 Dramms and don't use any of them. I posted about the 1000, comparing it to the Masakuni wand. The Masakuni, wins by a mile. If you've never used the Masakuni (or the Japanese-like wands), you simply don't know.

(I have the largest Dramm watering can and love it.)
I’m guessing Masakuni is out of my price range, like all other tools they make :)

There's a guy on fb auctions selling one for < $40. I think the joshua roth ones go for $30-40. Check out sumobonsai for those & Jeremiah's a bnutter and a good guy. I've bought from him a few times. I don't remember how much my Masakuni went for, but it wasn't too far out of that price range if at all. Granted, it was more than I'd want to explain to my wife. There are some more on bonsaitonight.com, but they fit the hose a bit differently (and might be more expensive?)

Say what, I bought one from the thrift store and it was broke. Found another it's probably broke too, and they looked like the "good ones".

"Good ones" shouldn't break.

Wasn't it @defra that made one? Or was it @leatherback ?

I found an antique copper can head in my dig spot by the river, I just know it will last longer than new shit!

I been thinking about making a "wand" out of 1/2in pvc, been to drill holes all along it and lay it in the garden bed.

Reckon if one had trees on benches spaced evenly apart, you could use a length of PVC, drill spouts at intervals and hand water multiple trees at a time.

Build something.

Sorce

Count this as another vote for the Dramm wand. Good quality mid priced wand. All that said I just picked up a new 3L Dramm watering can that’s great. It gives a perfect delicate shower that’s surprising for an all plastic watering can… but cost more than the wand!!! (about $45) However I have moved to using rainwater for several of my trees and a decent copper and tin 03119F2A-B693-4A38-9C45-D05442C8E956.jpegJapanese can looks to be upwards of $300.

Say what, I bought one from the thrift store and it was broke. Found another it's probably broke too, and they looked like the "good ones".

"Good ones" shouldn't break.

Wasn't it @defra that made one? Or was it @leatherback ?

I found an antique copper can head in my dig spot by the river, I just know it will last longer than new shit!

I been thinking about making a "wand" out of 1/2in pvc, been to drill holes all along it and lay it in the garden bed.

Reckon if one had trees on benches spaced evenly apart, you could use a length of PVC, drill spouts at intervals and hand water multiple trees at a time.

Build something.

Sorce
That was mee still using it but, the one i made takes time to water all for quick watering i use a plastic one too

Back
Top Bottom