Las Vegas...

63pmp

Shohin
Reaction score
I was curious why gun related homicides were so high during 1970-80's. I found this article interesting though its data heavy with no conclusions drawn from that data, but some substantiates some of the claims made by those in this discussion. Its a PDF so have to read it yourself and draw your own conclusions.

Homicide Trends in the United States, 1980-2008
Annual Rates for 2009 and 2010
Alexia Cooper and Erica L. Smith,
BJS Statisticians

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

brush painter

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
After Timothy McVeigh
Another Right Wing "Patriot"...

Our Country, Quite Literally... put Regulations on "Shit".
And How Much "Shit" One Person Could Buy.

As a Gun Owner...
I was in total support of this.
I didn't argue Stupid Fucking Logic of whether or not "Shit" Killed People, or that People Killed People. Or what someone's right Guaranteed by the Constitution was to Own Shit. Or, even the "Ins and Outs" of what a Particular Type of Shit was Capable of or Not Capable of doing.

Why?

Because, I actually was smart enough to realize that when the Government decided to do this... it was in the best intrest of the People of the United States. I mean it's Shit, I Know... but, I personally was willing to accept that I would still be able to buy it... but only in Smaller Amounts. Seeing that clearly some people were not unfortunately capable of controling themselves and using Shit, for it's intended purpose... what ever the Fuck that may be?

I did wondered at the time, Why I, as a Law Abiding Citizen.. should have to suffer for the actions of a few... and why I should not be able to buy as much Shit as I wanted too... for I had Commited No Crime?

But, then I Realized it wasn't actually All About Me... And I was being a Dick, to think it was... It was about preventing another Oklahoma City Bombing. And Not Rambling Off Bullshit Excuses for Why I couldn't be a Responsible "Shit " Owner, even though I constantly told everyone I was...

So, far it has worked. The Shit Ban, that is...
No more Oklahoma City Bombings. Dumb Fucks!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I don't think it is gun owner ship that is the problem. If you look at the dates the also coincide with the beginnings of removing the presence of God from our culture.

brush painter

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't think it is gun owner ship that is the problem. If you look at the dates the also coincide with the beginnings of removing the presence of God from our culture.
Bullshit.
God can go Fuck himself!

You do not have to believe in God to Be Good.

I can piss on a Cross all day long, does not mean I am going to hurt anyone. In fact, the opposite can very easily be argued... That one believing in fairy tales, and imaginary beings is a sign of mental illness and one should seek medical assistance.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Wow good for you. I am not going to argue the point. Why are you so angry that I brought it up?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Why do you think someone has to be Angry, in order to say you are using God as an excuse?
Because this is what he said. How do you interoperate his remarks?????? Sounds really angry to me
I can piss on a Cross all day long, does not mean I am going to hurt anyone. In fact, the opposite can very easily be argued... That one believing in fairy tales, and imaginary beings is a sign of mental illness and one should seek medical assistance.

And then of course he accuses me of being mentally ill and believing in fairy tales.

brush painter

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Because this is what he said. How do you interoperate his remarks?????? Sounds really angry to me

And then of course he accuses me of being mentally ill and believing in fairy tales.
Why are you talking in 3rd person?
Is there someone else here?
"He" didn't say anything...
I did.

As well, "I" did not accuse you of being Mentally Ill... I merely stated that one can very well argue, that someone who believes in Fairy Tales, and Imaginary beings is usually a sign of Mental Illness. Which it is. If someone walks down the street arguing with themselves, the first thing one thinks is, this person is not playing with a full deck.

Why do you think you are being Persecuted and the Victim of an event that there is no there, ummm... there?

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If there is no God, then all things are permissible (to paraphrase Dostoyevsky). Put another way, if there is no absolute moral standard then it's just one man's opinion versus another, backed by force. Meaning Hitler and Stalin and Mao and Muhammad et al were simply expressing their opinion, backed by force. This is why the arguments about gun control and bump stock control and automatic weapons control being put forth here are bogus. We either have God-given rights, or we have permissions from the (godless) state which can be modified and/or revoked at will. Period. When we who believe in rights engage in discussion of permissions, we've already entered the opponents' home field, been handed a copy of their rule book and agreed to abide by their rules.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
When we who believe in rights engage in discussion of permissions, we've already entered the opponents' home field, been handed a copy of their rule book and agreed to abide by their rules.

This is well put... at least I believe so. The framers of the Constitution were less interested in defining what government can do... than what it was prevented from doing. They feared "feature creep" of government... and they were right.

brush painter

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If there is no God, then all things are permissible (to paraphrase Dostoyevsky). Put another way, if there is no absolute moral standard then it's just one man's opinion versus another, backed by force. Meaning Hitler and Stalin and Mao and Muhammad et al were simply expressing their opinion, backed by force. This is why the arguments about gun control and bump stock control and automatic weapons control being put forth here are bogus. We either have God-given rights, or we have permissions from the (godless) state which can be modified and/or revoked at will. Period. When we who believe in rights engage in discussion of permissions, we've already entered the opponents' home field, been handed a copy of their rule book and agreed to abide by their rules.
This is odd?
You speak of the United States in a US verses Them type Scenario...
Are you at War?

If so, how would you explain the whole concept of the United States being about "We the People", and a Democracy that we all participant in, that allows for us to freely Elect our Government officials as Representation.

This whole Bullshit from the Right... about how they want to somehow fantasize, they are the victims of the very same democracy that they and everyone else participates in... Is just about the biggest load of crap ever.

Just wondering when you grown men are going to get off the pity party?

On a side note?
Are you saying God suggest and wants you to have Guns? Seeing you said this is your God given right?

Last edited:

brush painter

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is well put... at least I believe so. The framers of the Constitution were less interested in defining what government can do... than what it was prevented from doing. They feared "feature creep" of government... and they were right.
How so?
Again you speak of the Government as though it is some entirely different entity from the People.
If you Elected the people and everyone elected the people... then it is you that needs to look in the mirror.
Perhaps you need to vote better people?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
How so?
Again you speak of the Government as though it is some entirely different entity from the People.
If you Elected the people and everyone elected the people... then it is you that needs to look in the mirror.
Perhaps you need to vote better people?
Me thinkest that brush painter is a Troll and I will not address him further.

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is odd?
You speak of the United States in a US verses Them type Scenario...
Are you at War?

If so, how would you explain the whole concept of the United States being about "We the People", and a Democracy that we all participant in, that allows for us to freely Elect our Government officials as Representation.

This whole Bullshit from the Right... about how they want to somehow fantasize, they are the victims of the very same democracy that they and everyone else participates in... Is just about the biggest load of crap ever.

Just wondering when you grown men are going to get off the pity party?
I don't know how this relates to what I wrote, but please be aware that the United States is not a Democracy. It is a Constitutional Republic. This means we are ruled by law, not by a mob (i.e., Democracy). That's what got ancient Greece. It is increasingly what will get us, too, because we have left the rule of law by creating "rights" where none existed and played "flexible Constitution" when it suits the Marxists.

I am not personally at war, just minding my own business. Yet when a strange young man spent the better part of four months walking up and down the highway adjacent to my home, for who knows what purpose, I loaded up the pistol and put it where my wife could get to it quickly in case he made up his mind. See how self-defense works? In case of trouble, a call to the Sheriff would have produced a crew to clean up the bloody mess of my family several minutes later. A quick jog to the pistol storage place would have produced a dead home invader, followed by a call to the Sheriff to come clean up the bloody mess of the criminal. To reiterate, this is how self-defense works. Whether she used a pistol or a high-powered rifle equipped with a bump stock, she lives and the criminal dies. Yes, that means the criminal doesn't live to be pitied and defended by the Marxists. God bless America!

brush painter

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't know how this relates to what I wrote, but please be aware that the United States is not a Democracy. It is a Constitutional Republic. This means we are ruled by law, not by a mob (i.e., Democracy). That's what got ancient Greece. It is increasingly what will get us, too, because we have left the rule of law by creating "rights" where none existed and played "flexible Constitution" when it suits the Marxists.

I am not personally at war, just minding my own business. Yet when a strange young man spent the better part of four months walking up and down the highway adjacent to my home, for who knows what purpose, I loaded up the pistol and put it where my wife could get to it quickly in case he made up his mind. See how self-defense works? In case of trouble, a call to the Sheriff would have produced a crew to clean up the bloody mess of my family several minutes later. A quick jog to the pistol storage place would have produced a dead home invader, followed by a call to the Sheriff to come clean up the bloody mess of the criminal. To reiterate, this is how self-defense works. Whether she used a pistol or a high-powered rifle equipped with a bump stock, she lives and the criminal dies. Yes, that means the criminal doesn't live to be pitied and defended by the Marxists. God bless America!
Odd... why not call the Police?
I mean, when someone was out side my door yanking on the door knob... this is what I did.
I have guns... but my first thought was not to Kill People. But, instead to deal with the problem in a logical and intellegent way.

The kid yanking on my door was just completely hammered and lost after spending the night obviously drinking at a neighborhood bar. Did he deserve to die?
Perhaps the guy on your steet needed medical help? Ever think to ask him? Perhaps he was a diabetic and his blood sugar was low? Or he had gotten hit by a car? I mean, really? The what up the logic of living in such fear?

As far as not being ruled by a Mob...

Is this not exactly what thus Administration is? People voting for a guy just to stick it to someone... and chanting lock her up in the process. Angry white folks imagining the sky is falling because a black person was elected?
How does one explain why the Prez.. that has the job, still rutinely does Pep Rallies , saying the most rediculous shit, just to rally up his base, when his approval ratings tank?

As far as playing liberty with the Constitution, could one not argue the very same issue from those on the right? When did the Constitution say Corporations are People? The second ammendment, does give the right to bare arms... but does not say which kind, or how many, or if bump stocks should be included. Should I be allowed to have a

Last edited:

63pmp

Shohin
Reaction score
He is the typical troll/hater. Ignore now or feed the troll. You NEVER win with a troll.
No he's not. Sounds a lot like justwingit and vance when they are hurling spiteful shit. Or those guys that were yelling down marie1uk. He's just making sense from a different position and you guys dont like it.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Wow ---- at least I don't make shit up, I never shouted down marieluk, she's a bud. You can't even tell who is yelling at who.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No he's not. Sounds a lot like justwingit and vance when they are hurling spiteful shit. Or those guys that were yelling down marie1uk. He's just making sense from a different position and you guys dont like it.
im-sorry-i-offended-you-with-my-common-sense-6022-640x640.jpg

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Odd... why not call the Police?
I mean, when someone was out side my door yanking on the door knob... this is what I did.
I have guns... but my first thought was not to Kill People. But, instead to deal with the problem in a logical and intellegent way.
Because it would be illogical and unintelligent to do so. I didn't say the guy was banging on the door. We've had those events before, and nobody gets shot. But this one gives all the appearance of a stalker - and we already know he's been caught in places he didn't belong. So, if the guy breaks in (remember I am an hour away) and my wife calls the Sheriff, she'd be attacked before she could even get done calling 911. So no one's coming, let the assault begin. And ... I still have the right to protect my household however I see fit. If he breaks in, he dies.

Your politics and anger are showing. Yes, the evil Hillary Clinton got her butt kicked (thank God). She should be serving a life term for treason. The evil Barack Obama is bad history (thank God), and he should be there too.

Top Bottom