Juniper styling/input

Defect

Mame
Reaction score
Hi there,

Been a long time since I posted here. Moved and wasn't able to practice bonsai. Just got back into the hobby and got a few plants back from my parents house. Needless to say my plants have been growing wild for 6 years. Very excited to get back to bonsai.

Just looking for some advice on what direction to take on this tree. Debating on using the left or right trunk/branch as the leader and start developing.

Let me know what you think!

ThanksImage-47.jpgImage-48.jpgImage-49.jpg

I like this tree. Its hard to make decisions without the tree in front our you but based on the first pic I'm thinking the right trunk with maybe a secondary trunk on the left. I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the whole tree as well. Here are some suggestions for some cuts leave 50% green on though. That little branch on the right is a good future branch.
Inkedjuni 1.jpg

I like this tree. Its hard to make decisions without the tree in front our you but based on the first pic I'm thinking the right trunk with maybe a secondary trunk on the left. I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the whole tree as well. Here are some suggestions for some cuts leave 50% green on though. That little branch on the right is a good future branch.

Thanks for the reply. I will get a full pic of it a little later.

First welcome back!
6 years of growth can be a good thing but can ruin a design completely as well so I hope the first one!

I'd say the right trunk too, it shows the most movement.
But always look at the smallest tree you can find in there How's the other side looking?

First welcome back!
6 years of growth can be a good thing but can ruin a design completely as well so I hope the first one!

I'd say the right trunk too, it shows the most movement.
But always look at the smallest tree you can find in there How's the other side looking?

Thanks for the welcome back!

I will take a shot of the other side had a large branch growing out of the main trunk which I removed most of but would leave either a jin or pruning mark right in front of the tree.

The 6 years of wild growth will also be fun with the 10 trees I had planted in the ground at their house. Haha. Gotta wait to dig them up though I believe.

Back
Top Bottom