Itty Bitty Grapes

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This grape vine was salvaged from a garbage heap and planted in the ground for two years. It still has a lot of work to go, but I was enthralled by the tiny grapes. Maybe I'll become a vintner ... it will have to be a very limited bottling.

Attachments

• Grape1.jpg
    Grape1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Grape2.jpg
    Grape2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 56
  • grape3.jpg
    grape3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 51
Very nice. Good save!

I wonder how big they will be once matured. :)

My local club did a dig couple of years ago for Mustang Grapes (wild) and they brough several monsters back. I didn't join them since I have no space for the creeping "growth" ;)

If it is of the Cabernet Sauvignon variety I chop mine to 4 foot every year and it regrows to 10 feet or so in our short growing season. It produced a lot of clusters year three and they were TINY - Fun plant to have around. My Wife wants it in the ground at this place but I am not certain...

Grimmy

If it is of the Cabernet Sauvignon variety I chop mine to 4 foot every year and it regrows to 10 feet or so in our short growing season. It produced a lot of clusters year three and they were TINY - Fun plant to have around. My Wife wants it in the ground at this place but I am not certain...

Grimmy

I always thought that fruit grew to its usual size... we shall see.

I always thought that fruit grew to its usual size... we shall see.

This was a box store plant and the variety was vague at best but there are several out there that produce tiny fruits aplenty. I found it interesting enough to keep foe several years now.

Grimmy

Back
Top Bottom