Is Bonsai Mirai Live Worth $300/year?

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
Sounds like you're saying it's worth $300 a year just not to you. As someone from the UK who doesn't have access to Ryan I'd say it's worth it. I'm hopefully going to a John Trott workshop next month so I may change my opinion then after having the chance to speak to a teacher one on one but for now Mirai is a huge wealth of knowledge without the bullshit, without the assholes and without the trolls. I'm not rich, but I can spend $25 dollars on something I enjoy a month, even if that means skipping lunch, not getting coffee or walking somewhere a few times it's money well spent. If you can't do that then what's the point in life?
I guess thats it

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The troll climbed out of his trolling hole, to recall the glory days of old. His trees were nice, but he had no life, came out of retirement just to spite! ?.
What a dumbass.
Hes probably killed better trees than you will ever have.
He has forgotten more about bonsai than you will ever learn.

Obama is the #1 funder of the world's #1 state sponsor of radical islamic terrorism, Iran...
And you're a dumbass too if you think he has that much money.

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You have 17 posts here. I have been on internet forums for well over 23 years. I have pretty much seen and read most every post on all of the forums I have been on. I can guarantee you that at one time most all you can learn on that video has probably been said or shared here at one time or another.

Can I ask you a question and get an honest answer?

If you had to pay 300.00 a year for this site would you do it?
No, I would not

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
What a dumbass.

I highly admire Al’s bonsai work. Just not his nagging insecurity and need to spread it across this forum on a daily basis, begging for our attention. It’s not becoming of someone who is otherwise an admirable bonsai artist. I don’t give a shit about his credentials when he acts like a petulant school boy. It’s honestly fuckin depressing that someone who has accomplished so much in the art of bonsai is such a sad sap with nothing better to do. Good riddance. Call me a dumbass, I could give a shit. Was just practicing my limerick writing skill set anyways

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
What a dumbass.

Lol!
If it was his money I might not care as much....but when was the last time a leftist donated anything except their children to planned parenthood.

But you see its my money.

Also, doesnt it suck to know the truth about that guy?....man he was awful.
150 billion and over 1000 centrifuges to refine uranium, which they get from their ally Russia, and comrade of Hillary....uranium one deal....hillbilly gave 20% of American uranium to the KGB, because shes crooked.

Golly jeez....can you imagine if we had a media that wasn't an extension of the Demon-crat party??? Things would be so different and there could be peace.

And as a disclaimer, I must say that I have never been a party member, my card says unaffiliated voter, because a lesser of 2 evils is still evil.....

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Golly jeez....can you imagine if we had a media that wasn't an extension of the Demon-crat party??? Things would be so different and there could be peace.
So you're saying you can't think for yourself?
Just parroting fake news media and conspiracy theories.
Took a little brainwashing from Russian hackers didnt you?

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It's too early for politics. I haven't had any coffee yet.

Daniel Camilleri

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
This thread seems to have escalated into something few want or care to read. Back to the bonsai related subject, I haven't bought Mirai's subscription, and for that, I don't have an opinion whether it's worth it or not. No Mirai subscriber has posted on this thread claiming it isn't worth it, and the ones who seem to have said it's not worth it are ones who haven't, in most part by their own admission, watched any of the free Ryan Neil videos. I guess whether it's worth it or not, it all depends on one's means and needs. Everyone posting on here could be right for their own situation but ultimately, If I had to take one's advice on this matter, it would most definitely be the ones' who have experienced Mirai's videos rather than those who haven't.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Good one MLF.
Keep your head tightly wedged in that dark and remote location.
It'll all be over soon.

Bananaman

Chumono
Reaction score
I highly admire Al’s bonsai work. Just not his nagging insecurity and need to spread it across this forum on a daily basis, begging for our attention. It’s not becoming of someone who is otherwise an admirable bonsai artist. I don’t give a shit about his credentials when he acts like a petulant school boy. It’s honestly fuckin depressing that someone who has accomplished so much in the art of bonsai is such a sad sap with nothing better to do. Good riddance. Call me a dumbass, I could give a shit. Was just practicing my limerick writing skill set anyways
I post the work here and the work only. The forum decides where the conversation goes after that. Your just as much part of the problem here as your perceived notion of me. Make a paradigm shift in your life and comment on the work not the man and there would be absolutely no problems here.

I have made it quite clear to this forum many times over the last twelve years here that this place is a local bar for me. I come here and comeserate with friends and blow steam with others. You got to let this stuff go and just enjoy it for what it is. Entertainment.

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I post the work here and the work only. The forum decides where the conversation goes after that. Your just as much part of the problem here as your perceived notion of me. Make a paradigm shift in your life and comment on the work not the man and there would be absolutely no problems here.

I have made it quite clear to this forum many times over the last twelve years here that this place is a local bar for me. I come here and comeserate with friends and blow steam with others. You got to let this stuff go and just enjoy it for what it is. Entertainment.

I can get on board with that. And you’re the main attraction. Every rodeo needs it’s clown. Don’t shy away from the spotlight now.

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
I scratching my head at how a simple question became a dumpster fire about American politics

Weirdly enough I hoped at one point that people who had subscribed would comment on what was worth and what wasn’t.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can get on board with that. And you’re the main attraction. Every rodeo needs it’s clown. Don’t shy away from the spotlight now.
I dont get why new people here are so down on Al.
You obviously dont know shit but feel like acting like you do.
Typical troll.
I know why some of the older members here dont like him. Hes called the SOBs out on their B.S. enough to figure that out.
He called out the Mirai subscribers and asked basically to see a tree someone,anyone had been doing all of the great things on the videos to their trees and how they were progressing. Seems to me nobody did that. They just sit around and watch $300.00 a year bonsai videos for ENTERTAINMENT. Then come on here and rave on about how great the videos are and how much they've learned in such a short time.
But sadly no trees to show for it.
Really sad actually
So who's the real clown?
The person who spends the money for videos or the guy who actually can go out and do this stuff without spending money on videos?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I scratching my head at how a simple question became a dumpster fire about American politics

Weirdly enough I hoped at one point that people who had subscribed would comment on what was worth and what wasn’t.

Its a great source of info if you're a beginner. If you have been doing it for a decade+?..its probably redundant. He does work on a lot of great material that is native to North America. You also get to see Ryan style trees at all stages of their development.

I can see myself keeping my Tier 2 for at least another year or 2. It all depends on what the content continues to provide me. There is a lot of great info on the internet in general, but its nice to see a live stream, with questions being answered regularly throughout said stream.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry, you ought to go back and re-read what you have written here and put yourself in perspective. Your information comes as close to yanking and BS as anything I've seen in many years. I don't always agree with Ryan but at least he is making and effort to do two things: Make money and share some knowledge, neither of which is a bad thing. You don't have to agree, you don't have to subscribe to his program, but you don't have one either do you, that we could subscrbe to if we chose? Some people need the inspiration to work their trees, your posts go a long way in discouraging that. Most people that really need these programs and the levels of access don't need you or me telling them they are yanking off in doing their bonsai, or what ever else we think we have to offer.
Ok @Vance Wood i will not argue with a fellow that is almost twice my age. I respect your opinion and I don’t regret what I posted.
To anyone I may have offended or misled, don’t be so easily misled or offended. Be your own person.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I dont get why new people here are so down on Al.
You obviously dont know shit but feel like acting like you do.
Typical troll.
I know why some of the older members here dont like him. Hes called the SOBs out on their B.S. enough to figure that out.
He called out the Mirai subscribers and asked basically to see a tree someone,anyone had been doing all of the great things on the videos to their trees and how they were progressing. Seems to me nobody did that. They just sit around and watch $300.00 a year bonsai videos for ENTERTAINMENT. Then come on here and rave on about how great the videos are and how much they've learned in such a short time.
But sadly no trees to show for it.
Really sad actually
So who's the real clown?
The person who spends the money for videos or the guy who actually can go out and do this stuff without spending money on videos?
@M. Frary for President!

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

People who subscribe have commented on it, here and in the other threads where it comes up. Maybe you should go back and try reading again.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I hate politics, so I’m dumping these here for you.7472024D-541D-4D62-BA5B-D8C90CAA22FA.pngI actually bought this oil and didn’t realize the joke behind it until a lady at a club shoot laughed at it.512C2004-642F-46A4-8692-5E65980D0A5B.jpeg

Top Bottom