If anyone has Tiger Bark Ficus available that’s not in an S shape please LMK

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve had many many Benaminas. Just rally would like a Tiger Bark. Not many around the Midwest it seems.

I’ve attached some pics I found of what I am not looking for.

Please message me or post here.

I’m located in Saint Louis, Missouri.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_0822.png
    IMG_0822.png
    860.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0823.png
    IMG_0823.png
    688.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0824.png
    IMG_0824.png
    496.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0825.png
    IMG_0825.png
    714.4 KB · Views: 21
I have at least one healthy TB to part with but I am on my way to set up for a show. I might be able to get pics this evening, but will be tied up over the weekend.

How fitting, lots of gray area or perhaps information unknown. With a name like you have anything else just wouldn’t feel right. 🙂

Just being the idiot I am buddy, don’t mind me.

Please just lmk what you can when you are able to and we will put this together. Thank you.

For a small budget, I wouldn't necessarily discount a $20 s-shaper. I got this one last winter (guess I should make a thread for it).

PXL_20231214_185057337.jpg

Air layer:

PXL_20240116_174212205.jpg

Now (two trees, just cut back to bring inside for the winter - needs some wiring obviously); and what do you know, one in a @penumbra pot 🙃:

PXL_20241001_202155155.MP~2.jpg

1000005646.jpg

You're probably best off just getting a $10 - $20 S-shape and taking cuttings/airlayering.

Ficus both air layer and root from cuttings very easily, especially in summer.

I'm not far from you. Even Lowes and Home Depot has them occasionally. I picked up a chunky trunked little one at HD a couple years ago for like $11. I recommend Wigert's. Take a look at their pre-bonsai, their prices are very reasonable.

I'm not far from you. Even Lowes and Home Depot has them occasionally. I picked up a chunky trunked little one at HD a couple years ago for like $11. I recommend Wigert's. Take a look at their pre-bonsai, their prices are very reasonable.
I got mine at Lowes. Was not planning to, but it somehow jumped in my cart! Fun winter project at least - and it seems to grow much better than my green mound microcarpa under lights.

Before cut back, in case you were curious:

View attachment 569482

View attachment 569483

Your transformation gives me hope. Nice work.
Not to step on @penumbra ’s toes, but I’m open to offers on this raft style one.
Shoot me a pm with what you were thinking. I’d love to discuss.
Of course, if you can buy from a member, do that. Both @penumbra and @19Mateo83 are great people.
The amount of activity on the subject in such a small amount of time has me feeling very positive about what the outcome may realize.

Back
Top Bottom