How to make a bonsai pot less shiny

I bought a fairly expensive pot online and when it came i was a bit disappointed because it had more shine than I wanted. I wanted it to be matte. I read there is a special type of towel being used for this purpose. Does anyone know what I do to help this pot be more beautiful in my eyes?
Post a pic of your pot please, that will help determine the best method.

You could try muriatic acid. Pro method would be sand blasting. Agree with leaving it outside and it will get less shiny on its own.

I think that outdoor exposure to all the environment has to offer is best. If you don’t have a bonsai for the pot just yet then just put the empty pot on one of your benches with full Sun and rain exposure.

Some time ago, I lowered a gloss slightly by just rubbing over and over with crumpled newspaper. The newspaper is like a very high number grit.

Run it through the dishwasher about 50 times. You could also submerge it in something acidic, like vinegar, for a couple of days.

I bought a fairly expensive pot online and when it came i was a bit disappointed because it had more shine than I wanted. I wanted it to be matte. I read there is a special type of towel being used for this purpose. Does anyone know what I do to help this pot be more beautiful in my eyes?

Resell the pot if you don't like it
Next time buy an unglazed pot if you don't want shiny glaze on it
Do not damage it with sand paper....

Back
Top Bottom