How much would you pay for these white pine and black pine?

Hbhaska

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Hi

Someone was posting about a white pine and a black pine in big pots today. How much would you pay for these? The person posting this is not a bonsai enthusiast but the trees apparently belong to his/her grandma.

1591890628241.png
33"h x 26"w

1591890657381.png
53"h x 52"w

It's really hard to value a tree based on one small picture with nothing in the picture to show scale. From the single picture of each tree, I would say the JBP MIGHT be worth the money, but I'd need to see more pictures from multiple angles. I'd also be fairly concerned about their overall health... you can bet the trees probably aren't in great soil and likely are in dire need of appropriate root and foliage work.

Ouch. Definitely have potential, and price is relative to each individual- but I would not pay that.
Thank you. Yes, I thought they were pricey as well, considering the amount of root work one has to do.

Do you have experience caring for pines? IF so start at $50 for White pine with $150 ceiling. Pass on JBP/common as weeds huge headache. If they feign insult is no loss to you. Walk away;).

Last edited:
The black pine is EASILY worth that...I would buy it half a second.
They have been claimed. I wasn't going to pay that much for any bonsai anyway*

Thank you though.
--------
* - I dont know about you guys, but my wife will kill me if I paid that much for a bonsai 😂

The JBP could be worth it. I would go take a look at it.
If you pass on it, hit me up with that contact # :cool:

Do you have experience caring for pines? IF so start at $50 for White pine with $150 ceiling. Pass on JBP/common as weeds huge headache. If they feign insult is no loss to you. Walk away;).
Hey, Pots, I and everybody on this forum knows you don’t care for JWP and especially JBP pines. That’s ok, I don’t care for ficus.

But advocating that someone act like a jerk shows your level of maturity.

Id say the black pine might be worth $500.

The white pine however has been allowed to grow for too long, the trunk isnt that interesting and needs a TON of work.
I dont think I would touch that one at $500

Hey, Pots, I and everybody on this forum knows you don’t care for JWP and especially JBP pines. That’s ok, I don’t care for ficus.

JWP not such bad trees. ALWAYS bargain as one in control. Never pay more than one has to and never be afraid or embarrassed to walk away. How is that being a jerk?

Speaking of level of maturity: continual belittling of someones tribal name shows not only immaturity but complete social ignorance. Jerk!

I hope Grandma knows about this...

Reckon that dude is off ...."digging a hole" somewhere already?

"Tucker! Tucker!"

Someone's on a heavy Bender!

Sorce

Arbitrary Meth Head Number.

Coulda got em for $15 each!

Sorce

It's not even his house, he just knows when he could get away with selling them!

Sorce

Back
Top Bottom