Holding Out. Repotting 2017.

Collected olive planted in the ground in the improvised air-pot, read nursery pot with lot of holes on sides.Soil- garden soil with some crashed fired clay. 64F , moon phase calendar for this month says 13-16th is root time.Olive still dormant. Cut and wash.
012.jpg 014.jpg 022.jpg

moon phase calendar for this month says 13-16th is root time.O

Awesome!

FTR...

I may repot those couple leafed out trees after This weekend...

It looks like the rest can wait till next moon, when it will be over 38F. Thanks for that Parhamr!

Karma, I had random bonsai videos play on YouTube the other day....
And I came up once to hear Graham Potter say something like..

You don't want to repot to early otherwise your new roots will be trying to grow in a cold damp situation.

Lil aha moment....

Sorce

the air temperatures are consistently above 38°F.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this....
I could go back and check old repot dates and cross check what the weather was.....

But I am already sure this is what has done some of my favorite trees in.

Not waiting long enough, foolishly fearing "missing the window" or repotting to late...

Or following that VERY INCOMPLETE....

"as the buds swell" Horse Corn Shit!

Make no mistake, I fully understand my roots are also coming out of winter very compromised.....

Keep em gangster.

This last tidbit is exactly what I needed to never lose another one of my locals!

Sorce

I've already potted all me tree's a few weeks back - so - I play the shuffle. I repot as soon as I see movement, I don't like to wait till I see green unless I have too

Awe shit!

No work today due to rain!

Moons right....

Weathers right....

If I ain't going to dig some craigslist bushes today.....

I'm fittin to repot some shit!

Some a dem Amur buds died black.
But they are well and just budding more down the trunks!
Where I rubbed buds off in February, there are already 3 New buds growing.

Gangster!

@iOne we can probly safely repot that Elm today if you want.
With baseball season in full swing this may be the last day we can get together with time to actually go over some things.

Most important...it is a different elm that has wounds all around the base... That one is better off!

Damn!

I saved so much energy not 2 stepping....

I can do my happy dance!

Bwang Wang wigga dang!
Bwang Wang wigga dang!

Sorce

P.S. @parhamr over 38F! I can't thank you enough!

Photo roots of Acre Campestre, Field Maple, re-earthed....instead of potted. The tree is still ground growing but needed to move to a more sunny location. Back to the ground.

My American Elms are just starting bud swelling. The Elms are first in my Spring. Ground growing yet.....no Elms need to move though...a couple more years in the ground.....growing steadily with good root attention.

A Burning Bush needed to be cleaned and soil-changed but I didn't photograph the roots. Just awakening....slowly. Lots of carving to do when I figure it out. This was a dead stump, cast into a field pile of soil years ago, that somehow came back to life while I wasn't looking...and had no care at all other than nature.

Celtic Sinensis, Hackberry, trees are still dormant. Awakening may be late April to early May. In the ground yet. Trunks are a good 4" to 5". Photo is a 5" trunk at soil level. Next year is chopping top and roots.

Most trees around me are still dormant. Cold. Not warmed up yet...and not enough sunny days yet. Snow can still happen.

I try to imagine the work some have with hundreds of trees.IMG_6225.JPGIMG_0017.JPGIMG_0030.JPG

Keep your eyes open I think it is more likely you are looking at days rather than weeks. All of a sudden I have to start moving.
Yup just like wild fire lance, I went from gently repotting a coup Here and there to everything all at once. Nothing like winter straight to summer

Awesome!

FTR...

I may repot those couple leafed out trees after This weekend...

It looks like the rest can wait till next moon, when it will be over 38F. Thanks for that Parhamr!

Karma, I had random bonsai videos play on YouTube the other day....
And I came up once to hear Graham Potter say something like..

You don't want to repot to early otherwise your new roots will be trying to grow in a cold damp situation.

Lil aha moment....

Sorce
is graham potter on this site ?

I don't think Graham Potter is on any site. I tried to join his face book page and he was taking no new members.

Back
Top Bottom