hibiscus syriacus

I never use cut paste either. Yes, Hibiscus super slow to heal, but tbh that doesn't bother me.

I like my trees looking like they just came out of the forest or mountain side. I like scars, ackward healing etc.....hence I avoid cut paste.

On mine it just never calloused over, those cuts on mine are exactly a year old almost to the day. bark is peeling back etc.....

Many will say very ugly.........but I've got some ideas for those dead branches in the future :)

I have one of these also, in development phase. Does anyone know if the leaves reduce?

Got a picture or thread ?
There arnt allot around on the forum
I think the leaves will be reduceable why shouldnt they no clue on how much but im no way there yet to try it with this one lol

There is a massive one of these I pass by everyday on the way home from work - I'm going to see if I can collect it this spring

There is a massive one of these I pass by everyday on the way home from work - I'm going to see if I can collect it this spring

Cool! I Hope you will be able to do so !
Care to make a picture when passing by ?

Sure I can do that - might be in a day or two. It's a beast!

Me neither i plan on chopping it too its to tall as it is now and it looks recovered from digging up

i plan on chopping in spring before bud break

Why are you going to chop in winter?

Almost all leaves are gone soon i will put it on my heavy weight turntable to figure out how to proceed and take pics from all sides to ask for styling sugestions

It grew well and i feel allot of roots in the top soil so i gonna think if i will repot it next spring or let it stay in this big unliftable box

20171018_185432.jpg 20171018_185454.jpg 20171018_185458.jpg

Back
Top Bottom