Help me style this scots pine/pinus sylvestris

Thank you for answering. Do you know if it is same for spruce?
Yes it's the same.
For most temperate species it's the same.

For the most part, only tropicals can be repotted in the middle of summer.

Heavy bends in summer is bad because there is a lot more water flow in the xylem of the plant. Bending at that time can cause the cambium to separate from the bark, what we call 'slipping' and kill the branch or trunk.

Almost everything in bonsai has a "best time". Experts can sometimes get away with doing things outside these times but they generally have the knowledge of how far they can go and the time/staff and facilities to give the tree the attention it needs to increase success. Also, your location and climate can give you more leeway in what you can do. People in some areas of the Pacific northwest can repot at times I can't because they have milder weather.

Last edited:
Yes it's the same.
For most temperate species it's the same.

For the most part, only tropicals can be repotted in the middle of summer.

Heavy bends in summer is bad because there is a lot more water flow in the xylem of the plant. Bending at that time can cause the cambium to separate from the bark, what we call 'slipping' and kill the branch or trunk.

Almost everything in bonsai has a "best time". Experts can sometimes get away with doing things outside these times but they generally have the knowledge of how far they can go and the time/staff and facilities to give the tree the attention it needs to increase success. Also, your location and climate can give you more leeway in what you can do. People in some areas of the Pacific northwest can repot at times I can't because they have milder weather.
Thanks for explaining 👍

Back
Top Bottom