GSBF Clark Collection in Fresno - my first volunteer day

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Had my first volunteer day at the Clark collection in Fresno. We spend the morning changing out the exhibit - the springtime maple budding is over and an new set of trees going out. Some of these are newly exhibited trees, and some are behind the scenes shots. None had a particularly good backdrop for photos, so sorry about that.

clark 1.jpg

Attachments

• clark 2.jpg
    clark 2.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 35
  • clark 3.jpg
    clark 3.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 32
  • clark 4.jpg
    clark 4.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 38

John7429

Sapling
Reaction score
I had intended to stop by today on our way up to Rendezvous but ended up leaving our area too late.... next time

Thank you for sharing!

bonsaiwood

Mame
Reaction score
Had my first volunteer day at the Clark collection in Fresno. We spend the morning changing out the exhibit - the springtime maple budding is over and an new set of trees going out. Some of these are newly exhibited trees, and some are behind the scenes shots. None had a particularly good backdrop for photos, so sorry about that.
Looks like a very special place. How long has the garden been in operation?

bonsaiwood

Mame
Reaction score
It opened in 2015. It's the youngest of the Golden State Bonsai Federation collections. The others are at the Huntington, and Lake Merritt.
Great to see this garden up and running.. I lived in Fresno/Sanger for two years (08-10) while attending FSU, this was about the time I got into bonsai so, this explains why I had not heard of this place at the time.

Top Bottom