Got to visit the Bjorholm residence/garden/ nursery!

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks @Brian Van Fleet for hooking me up with Tom's number! Bjorn was in Japan but I got to meet Tom and he could not have been nicer! I went to Nashville this weekend to deliver a load of Azaleas to some guys who met me half way... I was coming from SC, they were coming from Missouri, Nashville was pretty much the half way point. Took me right through Knoxville (could have gone the Atlanta route but with that bridge out I hear avoiding the ATL is the best idea these days!!)
On my way home Tom called me back when I was about 40 miles from Knoxville and told me I could stop bye... Should have taken more pictures but was kind of engaged in conversation and deciding which trees I wanted to buy! Wound up with a couple nice/ BIG San Jose Tom had cut off an sold clump a while back... will try to get some pics posted soon.
Takes so long for photos to up load off my phone for some reason!
IMG_1636.JPG IMG_1643.JPG IMG_1645.JPG IMG_1647.JPG

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
This is the single trunk one I got.. also got a double thatbis of a similar size... haven't brought it in to pick at it any yet..
IMG_1677.JPG
Pretty much how it arrived... all I did was crank that lower branch down some, remove some weak interior growth and bottom growth... gonna try to wire it later today..
IMG_1681.JPG

It is a monster! He gave me a great deal on the two...

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Tom is a wonderful person, and their place is beautiful!

I'm glad you got to visit.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I've visited Tom a couple of times when I've traveled to Knoxville. Great guy! Glad you had a chance to visit their garden.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Is Tom a relative of Bjorn?
Sorry I must not have explained that well- Tom is Bjorn's father. They both do Bonsai.. Bjorn is Japanese trained/ just finished up his apprenticeship.. Tom learned here in the States- I think it is a great story! Wish I had someone in my family so into it too...

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
This is the single trunk one I got.. also got a double thatbis of a similar size... haven't brought it in to pick at it any yet..
View attachment 144607
Pretty much how it arrived... all I did was crank that lower branch down some, remove some weak interior growth and bottom growth... gonna try to wire it later today..
View attachment 144608

It is a monster! He gave me a great deal on the two...
Got that drop branch wired out pretty good today, going to try to get the top part wired out this coming week... pics when I get it done..

Top Bottom