Got $6 grand? Tommy Lee workshop

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I think it is amazing and awesome and inspiring.
I’m so happy for the Club and for the scholarship. It is very sweet that he would donate his time to advance the knowledge of others.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
On the other end, it is sad what the ficus with name recognition of a long term artist went for on wigert's auctions last year. Maybe Lee and co bought some material so it has a history.
I don’t think it sad what the material went for.
I think being able to trace a tree and carry on its journey is a beautiful thing. Jerry had some uncommon types of ficus. Some nice beginners and some legacy trees. I did not acquire any but would’ve been very proud to have one in my collection.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
because you can get double for your trees being an influencer, right?
I am not sure what has gotten your panties in a bunch, but it would be nice if you would just live your life. If you have a problemwith me making videos on how I do bonsai, that is YOUR problem. Please do not make it mine. I am sure youtube is big enough for you to do your thing, and I do mine.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
I honestly wondered who Tommy Lee was and why there was a charity auction for a session with this little known bonsai artist. I completely skipped over the idea that it would be THAT Tommy Lee. What a bizarre link… it’s a lot of dough, but would be worth it for some of the crazy stories alone. They had a mad time…

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Im fully aware of who Tommy lee is and Pam, I mean who didnt watch baywatch back in the day..
Its not my type of music but sure ive heard of motley crew.
I love music in general and have love for a few genres.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Dude. He's not leading the thing. He's just there. He's not being touted as an expert. And yeah, the draw is doing a planting with a celebrity and a particularly notorious one at that, one that people don't really connect with bonsai. Not all that odd, particularly in California or L.A. It's a fundraiser. The proceeds go to a charity that funds bonsai scholarships. More power to the Cali. Bonsai Society for using local resources (Hollywood Celebs) to raise charity funds for a good cause.
He actually does do bonsai himself and is getting pretty good at it. He'll be helping out with pruning, wiring, tree placement etc.. We've become really good friends over the last few years and there's way more to him than being the drummer for MC and Pam'a's ex..

nuttiest

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am not sure what has gotten your panties in a bunch, but it would be nice if you would just live your life. If you have a problemwith me making videos on how I do bonsai, that is YOUR problem. Please do not make it mine. I am sure youtube is big enough for you to do your thing, and I do mine.
OK. Meanwhile thanks for the beating, master. I think I figured out what to do, but never can tell at first what the lessons are.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
He actually does do bonsai himself and is getting pretty good at it. He'll be helping out with pruning, wiring, tree placement etc.. We've become really good friends over the last few years and there's way more to him than being the drummer for MC and Pam'a's ex..
It's always that way when we get to know another person. I am glad he combines his passion for bonsai & his fame in other fields to benefit others.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Huh?
Seriously? You do a workshop with a guy who does not know bonsai?
I presume Pam Anderson = keep her running Pamela Anderson?

Still.. Bit of an odd thing. But well. It keeps someone with lots of money off the street I suppose. Guess I have never been much into "knowing a star". Never understood the fan-fame type of attitudes.

Why?

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe I really just do not care.
The name didn't register with me either...early on. When ones were talking of him being a student of Robert's.

I live a quiet, hermit...some may say sheltered existence. 🙂 I might nod in fond agreement. As it's nothing to complain about. 😉

Last edited:

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
The name didn't register with me either...early on. When ones were talking of him being a student of Robert's.

I live a quiet, hermit...some may say sheltered existence. 🙂 I might nod in fond agreement. As it's nothing to complain about. 😉
Ive become like this in recent years. But Tommy and Pam are at least almost as famous as Brad pitt and Angelina jolie, its not that I even follow them, but theyre celebrity couples that at one point were in the news A LOT. and I dont even watch the news anymore. Im active on social media though, and im a bit of a movie buff.
I dont care much for the figures being touted, the US has more money than it knows what to do with it!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ive become like this in recent years. But Tommy and Pam are at least almost as famous as Brad pitt and Angelina jolie, its not that I even follow them, but theyre celebrity couples that at one point were in the news A LOT. and I dont even watch the news anymore. Im active on social media though, and im a bit of a movie buff.
I don't watch TV...or movies. So...yeah...not familiar with them either.

I was raised by my grandparents early on. My grandmother thought the TV with all those tubes in it. Would make you go blind. I wasn't permitted to watch more than one show a day. So...to stare at a box...and expect ones to entertain me. I just never got into. I'm 51...not...entirely ancient. Just...choose not to be entertained by foolishness of TV. So...very sheltered. 🙃😉 I actually find it charming...to be naive in such things. 🤣🤣🤣

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I don't watch TV...or movies. So...yeah...not familiar with them either.

I was raised by my grandparents early on. My grandmother thought the TV with all those tubes in it. Would make you go blind. I wasn't permitted to watch more than one show a day. So...to stare at a box...and expect ones to entertain me. I just never got into. I'm 51...not...entirely ancient. Just...choose not to be entertained by foolishness of TV. So...very sheltered. 🙃😉 I actually find it charming...to be naive in such things. 🤣🤣🤣
Im 48, funny enough, ive only just recently purchased a new tv, I barely watch it, only for movies. But for two years I went without a tv, no news, no netflix, nothing. So I feel you, I spend a lot of time on my laptop mostly, I watch a lot of podcasts.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Im 48, funny enough, ive only just recently purchased a new tv, I barely watch it, only for movies. But for two years I went without a tv, no news, no netflix, nothing. So I feel you, I spend a lot of time on my laptop mostly, I watch a lot of podcasts.I listen to YouTube music...on my smart TV.
So you do get it...to a degree then.
I do use the smart TV for YouTube music.

When my husband went to Africa...for two weeks years back . Before smart TV's... I never turned the TV on that entire time. So yeah... my day is filled with TobyMac. 😉 I would miss my music...now. It's the only thing the TV is good for. 🙃

Top Bottom