Giant reindeer sculpture from oak tree in Houston Texas

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Every holiday season, my wife’s grandmother builds this reindeer using a wire frame, pine needles for the body and an oak branch that has grown so low it makes contact with the ground. She covers the portion of the branch that hits the ground and allows the branch to be the antlers of the reindeer. I’ve never seen it in person but it looks spectacular. She lives in Houston Texas near Rice university but has a degree in fine arts and I believe teaches art courses at the university. At least she used to. I can try and get specifics of the location if anyone wants to see it.
IMG_7863.jpeg

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Fabulous work. Your wife's grandmother is an artistic genius. I’m really liking the low hanging oak branch too! I hope no one ever cuts that branch back. I’d build a bridge over it if some form of home access is required. That is a powerful oak.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Fabulous work. Your wife's grandmother is an artistic genius. I’m really liking the low hanging oak branch too! I hope no one ever cuts that branch back. I’d build a bridge over it if some form of home access is required. That is a powerful oak.
They’ve lived in that house for like 40 years. The entire neighborhood has transformed around them with McMansions popping up all over. Her grandparents have fully held out and kept their home quaint. Multiple landscapers have knocked on their door asking if they want the branch cut. It’s always a hard NO.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
They’ve lived in that house for like 40 years. The entire neighborhood has transformed around them with McMansions popping up all over. Her grandparents have fully held out and kept their home quaint. Multiple landscapers have knocked on their door asking if they want the branch cut. It’s always a hard NO.
Excellent!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That's awesome but how do they get in the house? 🤔

Top Bottom