General Plaisiance Bald Cypress.

Bob Vance

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I took all the advice and did some branch selection on another Bald Cypress. This one is about 2.5-3" in diameter. All advice welcome. Thanks in advanced. I still have like 7 more to Lern on. Unless someone wants one. I will send them one I didn't chop up yet.

Attachments

• 20240429_180847.jpg
    20240429_180847.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 84
It looks a little early to be working on these. Not sure of the back story here but I generally like to let the new branches get a little longer before I start working them. I collect in June and give them at least one full year before I start working on them.

It looks a little early to be working on these. Not sure of the back story here but I generally like to let the new branches get a little longer before I start working them. I collect in June and give them at least one full year before I start working on them.
Agree. Down here in Louisiana, it is possible to do branch selection in year 1 after the 1st growing season heading into the second growing season. However, sometimes the tree seems to lag in development compared to other trees that I leave alone for the first year. I now do it only for the most vigorous trees and would only do it after July so the tree has a full first growing season with all the leaves to gather energy.

Back
Top Bottom