Found Fukien Tea discarded. Can this be nursed back to life? Or is it dead?

Casey Clancy

Seedling
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome! Yes I am definitely interested and fascinated by any type. I will definitely keep in mind to stay away from these particular ones! I am looking for one that I can keep indoors so any suggestions on that will kindly be accepted! Thank you!
Assuming you don’t live in a tropical region, tropical bonsai are really the only varieties that will survive indoors. With this being said, I still highly recommend leaving them outdoors in full sun during the warm months. They grow 10x faster and healthier outdoors. Light, humidity, and proper drainage are key to indoor growth.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Ok thank you for your help I really appreciate it. I’ll definitely check out a nursery for sure. I’m just not sure I’ll find much this time of year? Or how to maintain one indoors over the winter. Where I live it is very cold and snowy in the winters. Thank you again for your input!
Most nurseries and plant stores have an outdoor section, and most of them don't sell plants that wouldn't survive your winters.
Some christmas trees might be sold already, probably blue spruce, european spruce. Or procumbens junipers, which I believe to be good beginners junipers.
Putting them in a bonsai pot immediately would be a bad move, but wiring trunks and branches or minor trimming can be done now and it would get you started.

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Look for a ficus, or three! Anything with small leaves is good (i.e., not an F. elastica or a similarly sized leaf). I like F. benjamina, but there are tons of great ficuses for bonsai. Avoid the ginseng ficuses, those almost never make good bonsai.

Top Bottom