ValorG

Yamadori
Reaction score
Here is what I was sent from the seller. It was an eBay purchase and was told it was airlayered, but I have my doubts as I think she was grafted. In any case either way I could care less as long as she flowers.
michael
View attachment 397187
Hey, I've been looking for mume but nothing on ebay like this. Would you happen to remember the sellers name?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hey, I've been looking for mume but nothing on ebay like this. Would you happen to remember the sellers name?
Sure is the original listing but I have yet to see them post any others for sale.
Good luck in your hunt

michael
F1B3463B-C703-4020-8E67-8FBBF78C4F3D.jpeg

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This is a small group ( 22) of Matsubara Red / and Kobai cuttings from 2021. They are now settled into larger pots for development over the next few years! The pot size is 8 inch azalea style, terra cotta. The heat wave slowed their progress last summer IMG_1648.JPG but they are all beginning nice new growth this year. I find that Prunus Mume seem to do better with less frequent repotting so I typically use larger pots to make it easier to grow them for several years without the need to prune roots or change pots. I use the same approach for my Chojubai with good results. if you look real close and use your imagination one or two of the cuttings are exhibiting a small flower or two. I would expect several feet of extension with these cuttings this growing season. They will receive organic fertilizer and frequent watering. The yard in very free draining soil mix. Medium particle, APL and granite grit. Approximately 40 % Akadama, equal parts of Pumice, Black Lava and Granite Grit.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Top Bottom