Ficus, Liquid Fertilizer, Grow Tent Environment

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am going to use the Dyna-Gro Bonsai Pro fertilizer. It says on the back how much liquid to mix into a gallon of water. How often do I water with this mix? Once a week, right? Should I take the environment (grow tent) into account for how much to mix? What do you recommend? Also, it says it’s good for spraying the foliage as well. Should I do this? If so, should I use a lighter mixture for misting?

Okay. Thanks. I wasn’t sure because of the environment if I’d need less or more.
If you are referring using them in a green house in the winter season, I'd hold off on all fertilizer. The light intensity is not enough to sustain the fertilizer draw in my opinion. You will likely get leggy growth that is little to no use.

If you are referring using them in a green house in the winter season, I'd hold off on all fertilizer. The light intensity is not enough to sustain the fertilizer draw in my opinion. You will likely get leggy growth that is little to no use.
No, they’re in a grow tent. The grow light has decent PPFD I think. It’s twelve inches from the canopy.

Yeah, continual feeding. So 1/4 to 1/2 the strength that’s actually recommended?
That’s what I recommend. My setup wicks from the reservoir and 165W LED(I think). If I use full strength fertilizer it becomes a “little house of horrors” situation. And I’d probably have to change out the water more often?

Back
Top Bottom