Ficus in shallow pots

I really enjoy Nigel's YouTube channel - and after watching it for some time, find when about to make a decision to prune off a larger limb - am ofter heard muttering "And, now here I go..."....

Anyway, interesting thread read and I absolutely agree with those who believe a Ficus will go ballistic being a bit root bound. I say that based on my own, a Ficus benjamina that I've had for about thirty years. The inside height of the pot is 3" - and the tree, after this summer outdoors - is coming on to 34" in height above the lip of the pot. This isn't where it sits during the Sping/Summer/Fall - but had to move it for the pic, as there are trees in the background where it resides... ;) I'll be pruning it back after its growing season is finished...

John_D.

IMAGE-0.jpg

I really enjoy Nigel's YouTube channel - and after watching it for some time, find when about to make a decision to prune off a larger limb - am ofter heard muttering "And, now here I go..."....

Anyway, interesting thread read and I absolutely agree with those who believe a Ficus will go ballistic being a bit root bound. I say that based on my own, a Ficus benjamina that I've had for about thirty years. The inside height of the pot is 3" - and the tree, after this summer outdoors - is coming on to 34" in height above the lip of the pot. This isn't where it sits during the Sping/Summer/Fall - but had to move it for the pic, as there are trees in the background where it resides... ;) I'll be pruning it back after its growing season is finished...

John_D.

View attachment 566741
Inches or cm? Im confused

Back
Top Bottom