Dwarfs Miss Lilac

CarpenterDiaz7

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hello everyone, I just received this dwarf miss lilac tree. From what I’ve gathered online it says to repot in the summer. I am in northeast New Hampshire to be exact and was wondering what to do with it this first year.

* wait till summer, repot pot it minor root work and trim
* leave as is and up pot it to a bigger nursery pot and trim in summer as scheduled and repot next spring?

What are your recommendations for this 2nd year new tree noob?!

Thank in advance,
Best,
Carlos

Attachments

• IMG_1850.jpeg
    IMG_1850.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 18

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Cute little lilac. I have a dwarf too, Slip pot into the next size nursery can with matching media to get strong.

Then have fun doing a light clip and grow a couple times this year to clean up the branching and work on taper.

Likely keep it in the nursery pot until spring.

Cheers
DSD sends

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
I have a small lilac similar to yours that I hope to develop. The cultivar is called Nedeszda Hope and right now I’m debating whether try to ground grow it for a while or not.

Check out this thread, it’s been recently updated and shows progress and a great lilac;

https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/small-leaf-lilac-ready-for-the-show.

@leatherback might have some tips for
You going forward, not sure if he has any videos on his lilac but his YT content is very good.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I find these very hesitant to close cutwounds. So as you progress developing this, it is better to cut back more frequently, with smaller cuts rather than grow a big sacrifice with a big resulting cut. If watered and fertilized well, these can be quite happy growers, and they take well to wiring outside the growing season.

Top Bottom