Drones

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Also completely respect privacy. I can gerantee that a drone buzzing aroud my place would be shot out of the sky pretty fast, I guess if I could catch it with 14 rounds of 00buck of course :)

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This is so true. Our best drone has THOUSANDS wrapped up in two cameras and we don't have time to play I spy.

I can imagine the custom built big stuff is crazy expensive. I built up a small tiny whoop for indoor racing. By the time you get just the basic cheap equipment you are already in a couple hundred.

Then I built up slightly bigger one to race around outdoors. a couple crashes and you are sidelined again needing more money in parts. then you have $200+ Frsky radio controllers, then you have to solder the wires to the flight controller so you need a decent soldering iron. and don't get me started on trying to figure out betaflight!! i quickly gave up on the good stuff and am content to fly non-camera cheerson CX-10's and tiny whoops around the house with my son...

Rambles

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I live in a state with legalized marijuana. I have heard a number of folks who grow mention having their property cased by a drone shortly before having an attempted break in.

I don't know the answer, but I hope the laws find a good balance between operator responsibility and not punishing the responsible operator for their hobby.

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Now if they invented a yamadori hunting drone with auto dig attachment I'd be on it in a flash :)

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now if they invented a yamadori hunting drone with auto dig attachment I'd be on it in a flash :)
Our drones are built to scout out gold dredging sites in Colorado and Wyoming. After a site is found the dredge and gear are taken to the site in pieces by one of the drones so that a man doesn't have to hike down dangerous terrain with things like pumps and 8 hp Robin engines.
Drones have knocked months off of finding gold in undredged areas and opened the door to accessing areas that otherwise could not be.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought Amazon was starting a burrito drone delivery service in Australia. As long as there is no guacamole on it, might want to not damage the drone that much if you are hungry.

Rambles

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Our drones are built to scout out gold dredging sites in Colorado and Wyoming. After a site is found the dredge and gear are taken to the site in pieces by one of the drones so that a man doesn't have to hike down dangerous terrain with things like pumps and 8 hp Robin engines.
Drones have knocked months off of finding gold in undredged areas and opened the door to accessing areas that otherwise could not be.

I've seen drones used for scouting hotspots in tough terrain too. They're wonderful tools...so long as they aren't being operated by a tool.

theone420

Shohin
Reaction score
all it will take is a gun that will shoot a ball of yarn. DONE!
or a potato gun loaded with some sort of streamers that would tangle the motors.:D

I have been designing drones since we used nintendo wii controllers and arduino boards to control them.
Hell I have a production drone(paid just over $1000) that is small enough to put in a camera bag has a 4k live feed camera and can fly up to 4 miles away with full signal and completely autonomous if i choose. Scary to think what will be possible in as little as 3 more years.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
all it will take is a gun that will shoot a ball of yarn. DONE!
or a potato gun loaded with some sort of streamers that would tangle the motors.:D

I have been designing drones since we used nintendo wii controllers and arduino boards to control them.
Hell I have a production drone(paid just over $1000) that is small enough to put in a camera bag has a 4k live feed camera and can fly up to 4 miles away with full signal and completely autonomous if i choose. Scary to think what will be possible in as little as 3 more years.
Things are scary now! This is an old video, yarn can touch this guy.

Top Bottom