Drones

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I just had one hovering over my place for about 20 minutes. I live in the country and it turns out one of my neighbours was ''taking pics of his property''. Before I knew that if I had a gun I would have shot it down. My other neighbour has a rifle and he would hit it if I asked. I don't give a shit about the any law in this case. I'll be damned if I'm going to stand back while some drone checks out my place.
Ok feel better now...........
What would you do?

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Net cannon! No wait, EM pulse! What are the laws down there? Obviously we don’t own the air space for planes, is there a minimum height where it could be considered trespassing? They sure would be fun to shoot!

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Last time a drone went over here it was a government one taking pics looking for things like undeclared sheds or building extensions.
The upside to this is the software they used totally changed our land boundaries in the land registry taking 100sqm off of our land meaning our house is now technically illegal, we can't build on the land now or even sell the house until this gets fixed which by the way is totally our responsibility to pay hundreds of euros for in a process that will require a surveyor to come and may take up to 2 years for the paperwork to go through.

So yeah, I wish I had shot that bastard down instead of just waving my chap at it.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Net cannon! No wait, EM pulse! What are the laws down there? Obviously we don’t own the air space for planes, is there a minimum height where it could be considered trespassing? They sure would be fun to shoot!
I don't know the legal height but we are on a flight path were light planes come in to land. At one stage I think it may have been 500 feet up and had to move out of the way for an in-coming plane. I made it quite clear to them that I don't want it anywhere near my place!!! They got the message I think...........

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I saw one the other day.....

There is something very internally wrong feeling about it.

Like "someone is watching you", Cuz they are!

Shoot it!

And watch the Netflix Movie, Drone.

Fuck em!

Sorce

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I don't know the legal height but we are on a flight path were light planes come in to land. At one stage I think it may have been 500 feet up and had to move out of the way for an in-coming plane. I made it quite clear to them that I don't want it anywhere near my place!!! They got the message I think...........

I can only advise you to check your air space classification.
Here where I live everyone can do whatever he wants up to alt of 1000ft GND until it's classified as a restricted or prohibited air space or airport TMA/CTR area.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Michael,

had the same done here last year, then waited to see if it went to youtube.
BUT the person over the highway saw us watching with binoculars, as he
flew home.

Slingshot and ball bearings.

Drones are an invasion of privacy.
Good Day
Anthony

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a fully automatic CO2 powered BB gun....
These are totally legal here, order online and ship straight to your house.
I figure 60 BB's in a second or two would keep them away.
https://www.airgundepot.com/umarex-legends-mp-bb-submachine-gun.html

You might consider a CO2 Pellet version and neither is a good choice for Drone hunting...

I use a Beretta 12ga Semi Auto with number 8 Skeet or Trap loads...
If more than 75yds I use a 22lr Rifle with 36X scope, good out to about 150yds...
If more than 150yds I use my Radio Controlled Expendable Kamikazi Killer Drone for a Midair collision...

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
pretty sure youre breaking the law for both discharging in city limits, and destruction of someone elses property. i read about a case where guy was prosecuted for doing just that - and came away surprised at the lack of options a homeowner had in that situation. i dont have it saved, cant quote it, and was about 2 years ago - so who knows what has changed. im not an expert on drone law.

i think were on the brink of seeing some bad stuff with drones, their popularity seems to be going through the roof, they are already being pursued as means of terrorist attacks and our own government is investigating uses for policing or finding undeclared property. there are some serious safety and privacy issues that will be at stake once they become so common place that no one notices them flying around anymore.

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Last time a drone went over here it was a government one taking pics looking for things like undeclared sheds or building extensions.
The upside to this is the software they used totally changed our land boundaries in the land registry taking 100sqm off of our land meaning our house is now technically illegal, we can't build on the land now or even sell the house until this gets fixed which by the way is totally our responsibility to pay hundreds of euros for in a process that will require a surveyor to come and may take up to 2 years for the paperwork to go through.

So yeah, I wish I had shot that bastard down instead of just waving my chap at it.

38af3bcd9cd76b7dce363360ef67574c--ronald-reagan-quotes-freedom-quotes.jpg

Ironbeaver

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What about falconry.? As a side bonus, it would control critters in your bonai area. Not sure what the Aussie equivalent of falconry or hawks are, some sort of flying spider or snake?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That's what I was thinking....just shoot it down with a paintball gun or air gun, take it, destroy it, and play dumb....easy peezy.
The only hiccup I see is if they were live streaming the video footage, then you might get caught.
Unless you are able to paint the camera lens, from a vantage point that the drone doesn't see...

sparklemotion

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
My other neighbour has a rifle and he would hit it if I asked. I don't give a shit about the any law in this case. I'll be damned if I'm going to stand back while some drone checks out my place.

Every time I send my UAV out to get weather readings, somebody attacks it. I'm going to arm it and start shooting anything that poses a threat. I don't give a shit about the law in this case. I'll be damned if I'm going to stand back while someone destroys my property.

I feel like the UAV wars are going to be a fun test of what happens when Don't Tread on Me types collide.

Top Bottom