chilly

I guess I should be, but they saw a few nights in the 40's last year with no ill effects. After Sunday, it's supposed to warm up a bit. I'm not doing the two-step. Once they're in , they're in.

nah

“in” is relative....feels like fall today, only significantly weakened ones and crape will go into garage, tropicals in house at 38* f

I just brought all my tropicals (desmodium,water jasmine, ficus, jaboticaba, bougies, adenium and carambola) into my greenhouse a couple hrs ago, supposed to be down to the 40s at night here for the next few nights. Am I supposed to leave a fan running all the time even with the heater on? This is my first year with then greenhouse so I have much too learn. Thanks.

Yup. Until it drops below 40f I don’t worry about them. My tropicals and succulents have seen the 40s every year and they’ve never complained.

Attachments

• 22949A75-D676-4AAA-A4A2-25D3487147F0.jpeg
    22949A75-D676-4AAA-A4A2-25D3487147F0.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 16
Nope, didnt move a thing. Its 54 degrees here right now and everything is still outside on the benches, including my tropicals.

Anything that isnt tropical wants to experience frost a few times and some even a mild freeze before being put to bed for the winter.

I just brought all my tropicals (desmodium,water jasmine, ficus, jaboticaba, bougies, adenium and carambola) into my greenhouse a couple hrs ago, supposed to be down to the 40s at night here for the next few nights. Am I supposed to leave a fan running all the time even with the heater on? This is my first year with then greenhouse so I have much too learn. Thanks.
Yes, air circulation is important.

I woke up to 37 this morning......but I refuse to buy tropicals... the shuffle is a pita

Congratulations to the new non-shufflers!

Your trees will be noticably healthier!

I'm waiting too.

Sorce

I shared this in “Please share your photos”
3574CBA3-DFF3-4DE2-9EE1-E77442FEA2F9.jpeg
Everyone GOING in... has BEEN in.

🤓⛄

This would have saved my Scots that is presently waiting to die with its pot already interred in the cemetery ground.

I finished all my tropicals yesterday and it was 39 F last night. Will be mid 30s next two nights. I will not shuffle mine in and out even on warm days. The shorter daylight hours set up physiological changes I am not ready to deal with on my vigorous growing tender plants.

Carambola bonsai? Pictures!

Thanks very nice, do you get fruit from it? I see you're in DC, whered you find this one at?

I only had it since May, didn't have fruit or flower this year but it had fruits before so the guy said. I bought it from Maivangflorida.com. He posted a YouTube video and I just gotta have it lol. Hopefully it will fruit next year for me.

Back
Top Bottom