I think this will be my decision,
I'm gonna go for buying a kishu juniper from usa where my mom lives and a japanese black pine and maybe wisteria. I think that I got encouragement from @Shibui 's post. So is my option correct, or just can I really go for it. What is your opinion

I'm gonna go for buying a kishu juniper from usa where my mom lives and a japanese black pine and maybe wisteria. I think that I got encouragement from @Shibui 's post. So is my option correct, or just can I really go for it. What is your opinion

You asked for opinions and got them. What you do with them is your own decision.

You can get whatever you want. Whatever you get is dependent on you to survive. Some plants work better than others depending on where you live. Good luck.

Hey there! I just wanted to know if it is possible to grow these plants in my climate, which is tropical savanna.
My winters:
Day high- 21°C
Night Low- 15°C
My summers:
Day high- 35°C
Night Low- 24°C

So now, will I be able to grow these plants:
Pinus thunbergii(japanese black pine)
Wisteria floribunda(japanese wisteria)
Prunus serrulata(cherry blossoms)
Juniperus chinensis var. Kishu(kishu shimpaku)
Acer palmatum(japanese maples)

Please do help with this, the hot above 30°C summer lasts for 3-4 months and other time it's moderate around day high 26°C whereas in winter it drops to 21-24°C.
I want to start my collection soon. Looking forward for a positive response!

Thanks
Thanks for calling me in, @Dav4

Yes, I grow all of those species succssefully here in Brazil. Some of them under shade cloth, specially the maples, but they do OK.

Back
Top Bottom