Brussels Bonsai pots any good?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Shenanigans, I'm a total douche. Don't go spreading that good guy stuff around BVF, you'll ruin my rep! Anyone who's interested can contact me through the website. I don't visit the forums often enough to do that here. Obviously. I specialize in finding higher end pots, but I have no problem keeping a lookout for other stuff. Be specific! I look through thousands of pots every week, to find anything I need size, shape, and price range.
No apologies necessary Nathan, I AM a pot snob.
Ryan
Http://Japanesebonsaipots.net/

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Kind of a fancy, feminine pot for a typical JBP, I'm interested in seeing what your tree looks like that you are putting in this pot

image.jpg

This guy, but I'm not going to repot him for a couple of more years. I just like having pots around. I have a girls white pine I might put in it.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The pots arrived Saturday (sorry for the late update) and I am very pleased with the quality and feel of the pots. I will not hesitate to buy again if I ever need more. :cool:

BTW, I love rough textured clay so if you like fine smooth clay, this might not be the right one for you.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've bought a bunch of pots in the past from this seller. You can get some really great deals from him. Some of the pots seem to sweat a ton of mineral deposits, others do just fine. For the price though, until you can get a final show pot, he's a good resource.

Speaking of great pots, just want to put in a plug for Ron Lang - he makes really amazing pots and takes custom orders. He has a large kiln and is able to make pots on the larger side if needed. He and his wife are really nice folks as well, and so I can't recommend them enough.

www.langbonsai.com

I've bought over 30 pots from this seller
http://stores.ebay.com/ORIENTAL-ART...54619012&_sid=292502672&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

they are Zisha pot. Cheat when you get them by auction ($10-$20), he combines shipping on 2-3 pots too. They are very good quality as well. I'd give them a try if you're looking for chinese pots. Brussel's pots look overpriced to me.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Speaking of great pots, just want to put in a plug for Ron Lang - he makes really amazing pots and takes custom orders. He has a large kiln and is able to make pots on the larger side if needed. He and his wife are really nice folks as well, and so I can't recommend them enough.

www.langbonsai.com

I have a special order large pot from Ron...should be out next kiln opening. I'm giddy w/ anticipation after waiting several (5) months!!! :cool: Since he promised to make a backup, we agreed on 2 different glaze since I might end up buying both. :D

Last edited:

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a special order large pot from Ron...should be out next kiln opening. I'm giddy w/ anticipation after waiting several (5) months!!! :cool: Since he promised to make a backup, we agreed on 2 different glaze since I might end up buying both. :D

You won't be disappointed. :cool:

A friend of mine and I went to his kiln opening a year and a half ago. There were a bunch of custom orders in the kiln, but also a number of unclaimed pots for sale. It was like being a kid in a candy store. :D I had placed a custom order with him a few months prior, but ended up with a bunch more pots to help keep the first one company on the trip home ;)

I think it's really cool of him to make an extra one to give the buyer an option. It was nice having the option. My friend ended up buying both pots from his custom order :cool:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I think it's really cool of him to make an extra one to give the buyer an option. It was nice having the option. My friend ended up buying both pots from his custom order :cool:

He is a wise man...taking care of the customer and potentially selling more! How can you beat that!? :cool: He knows we are suckers for good pot. :p

I believe the kiln firing is end of this month. I have to wait for pics to choose and he will ship mine probably first week of March (if things go as planned).

Top Bottom