Boxwood progression

The girth of that Box wood is incredible. It’s such a great tree for Bonsai if you can find the right size trunk. Annnndddd i think you’ve found it.

Your new planting angle looks great also. Really highlights that Nebari.

Last edited:
I just bought a Boxwood. Your tree is awesome, thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks for posting the update! I stumbled on this thread looking for some styling inspiration for one of my recent boxwood projects and it is nice to see a progression like this.

Since you've developed this over quite some time, have you experienced bark damage from wiring / heavy bending and if so, has it all pretty much healed? How long does this take to heal? I have a couple pounds of aluminum on mine and heavy bends, surely some damage just wondering what to expect for healing time.

Thanks,

HENDO

Thanks for posting the update! I stumbled on this thread looking for some styling inspiration for one of my recent boxwood projects and it is nice to see a progression like this.

Since you've developed this over quite some time, have you experienced bark damage from wiring / heavy bending and if so, has it all pretty much healed? How long does this take to heal? I have a couple pounds of aluminum on mine and heavy bends, surely some damage just wondering what to expect for healing time.

Thanks,

HENDO

It's almost impossible to bend substantial branches on a boxwood, so stick with the small, flexible ones to avoid damaging the bark. Small wounds will heal, but if you take off a substantial branch you'll need to either disguise it or make it a feature.

Back
Top Bottom