Bonsai Mirai shop?

Rockm, No, those are wire caddies. The heavy top holds tools and gear like a Foredom.

Chicago, I'm starting my third yr of Junipers with Ryan. Let me know if you want any information.
So that circle of tubular steel at the top couldn't support a plywood surface and a tree? If not, $625 is pretty damn pricey for a place to hang an angle grinder and wire...

Well, it can easily hold a heavy tree if that's what you want to do with it, I was just saying how Ryan uses them. He uses barber chair bases to hold the trees.

Well, it can easily hold a heavy tree if that's what you want to do with it, I was just saying how Ryan uses them. He uses barber chair bases to hold the trees.
That's how I'd use it, if I had $625...

I probably would too rockm for appropriate sized trees. But yeah, my '$625' is going to pay for class lol

. The word hasn't gotten out yet, but from his show last fall, he now has all the pictures of the trees and you can clique on all of the judges comments on each entrant. the $65.00 cost will get you access...

Bonsai Mirai Window Shop!

Sorce

I really like the pots by Tom Benda, wish I could afford them...
Tom Benda makes beautiful pieces and you can probably have him make them for you for HALF the price that is posted on Mirai portal. ryan and chelsee niel are running a business but that is a very high markup. just like his trees.

He is a wold famous bonsai artist, and he can sell these items with the mark up. There seems to always be loads of people with more money then they need, and they will always pay.

He is a wold famous bonsai artist, and he can sell these items with the mark up. There seems to always be loads of people with more money then they need, and they will always pay.

It's called having more money than brains.

I heard thru a pretty reliable source that Michael Hagedorn is REALLY considering getting back to making pots again during the slower winter months.

I'm happy collecting pots from the 70's that were made by Sharon Muth who started Bonsai Northwest. She did a great job, they're now showing their age (patina) and they're still very affordable. I don't blame Ryan for wanting to be the mercedes benz dealer. I'm happy driving something that gets me there. I went thru that alledged need to have exclusive named brand pots. Thankfully I outgrew it...:)

I see that a lot of the Thomas Benda pots are being sold. I'm guessing that's because of scarcity or something. I've seen his work up close. It's great, but is equaled by more than a few other, less expensive, U.S. potters who are also on the site.

For those prices, I'd figure shipping would be included.

Back
Top Bottom